Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Much awaited WiiMote plugin!!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Still no luck I'm afraid. I'm only using one wiimote. When I connect the wiimote and run the Wiimote Test, it works absolutely fine - it is detected, and all its settings/buttons/etc are displayed correctly. But no luck with DBP. The Wiimote Simple Test exe crashes before anything happens, just as I described above, with a standard "... has stopped working" message. The same thing happens if I try copying and pasting the code you posted into DBP and compiling it from there. I tried with my code, and it's back to the "failed to load DLL" error again, same as before. So I'm baffled!
dale2507
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2009 17:08
Hmm... me 2 an there's no problem details on an expanding bit or anything with a dll name? that's just plain annoying

Plotinus
Years of Service
User Offline
It certainly is! No details at all.
dale2507
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2009 19:13 Edited at: 27th Apr 2009 19:18
@All

Just to let you know what i'm upto.

I'm still looking into returning errors but without figuring out how to return strings it'll be very simply error handling for now. I also know the error which is flagged when the remote disconnects so i'll add that in.

Values which should have returned a float havn't been returning correct values and i couldn't figure out how to return them as a float but doubles seem to return a float (wtf??) so i'm just correcting that.

Still need someone to test classic controller, guitar and drums (although not atm for drums - next beta)

I also know roughly how to code multiple remote support i just need to figuring out how connecting and disconnecting works then rest is easy.

EDIT: i also noticed that some commands that return floats can return -1 and errors are also set to -1

dale2507
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2009 21:02 Edited at: 8th May 2009 20:32
Sorry for the double post

@Plotinus

Tv was gettin same error as you so we had a look at it and we think we figured it out but havn't tried it yet. one of the dll's (WiimoteLib i think) uses .NET Framework although i'm not sure which one but i'd guess at 2.0 You can check if you've got by running mmc.exe and then going to file -> add/remove snap in. then .NET Framework 1.1 and 2.0 should appear in the snap in list.

Let me know how it goes

EDIT: I checked some of settings and it requires .NET Framework 2.0

Plotinus
Years of Service
User Offline
Well this is definitely getting beyond my area of competence, but I appreciate the time you're taking over it. I looked in mmc.exe and I couldn't find any kind of .NET framework listed. So I downloaded .NET framework 2 as suggested, but it refused to install, saying that it was already part of my operating system. So it looks like I do have that after all - so the problem must be something else! Could it be that I have a later version of .NET framework, as part of Vista, and it's not backwards compatible?
dale2507
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2009 18:26
i believe a version is included with vista not sure which one though. I'm gonna recompile the wrapper usin 2.0 (currently uses 3.5) although i mysteriously lost the resources file so i need to get my backup first. strange that it wouldn't install as i have 4 different versions installed as they arn't backwards compatible i don't think

Tv Xxx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2009 22:22
You'll be pleased to hear i've found the problem its not to do with the .net framework! it's to do with the "Microsoft SDK visual studio 2008 headers and libraries" that get installed when you install Microsoft C++, so there has to be someway of compiling it where it doesnt need these, so im affraid its down to Dale2507 to fix it.

Your signature has been erased by a mod - Please reduce it to 600x120 maximum size
dale2507
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2009 00:26 Edited at: 12th May 2009 00:34
Good news!!! I've got the string table redone and the problem with only people who have c++ installed being able to run it has been fixed!

EDIT: Thanks Tv for discovering that

Some of some of documentation and keywords is out of date but only a small section. Shall make sure that is all upto date when all is tested.

Also there are some commands that arn't documented yet such as drum commands as it uses the same extension commands as the guitar for some reason so i don't know how to tell them apart and don't have any drums to test.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Plotinus
Years of Service
User Offline
Unfortunately nothing's changed on my end... I tried installing the SDK to see if that helped, but that didn't change anything either.
dale2507
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2009 15:28
@Plotinus
is it still the failed to load dll error?

Plotinus
Years of Service
User Offline
That's right, the same as before!
chunks chunks
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2009 19:49 Edited at: 29th May 2009 19:51
whats the code generation settings in vis studio , i used to get that error in my plugins when it wasn`t compiled using either Multi-threaded (/MT) or Multi-threaded DLL (/MD) make sure its in release too , see if that works ..

thanks chunks

nvidia geforce 9500gt + amd athlon 64
windows xp pro.
dale2507
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2009 17:56
found that setting it's using multi-threaded dll and it is being compiled in release that was a problem b4 but sorted that.

I had a talk 2 creator of darknet and he pointed me to a function which vis studio had made for me but mine had some switches in so i put some message boxes in so can find out where it's crashing. added dll as attachment an delete it after cos it will get annoying otherwise.

Here's sequence i got:

Attachments

chunks chunks
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2009 15:18
have you done this in c# , i have no clue how the stuff works with c# or visual basic , .net etc.

I have been trying myself to use the wiiyourself library in c++ , but i`ve been havin trouble with the hid devices , when you add a command to use keyboard/mouse in dbpro it wont connect because my keyboard n mouse are usb hid devices and it get mixed up , apart from that it works fine.

sorry i can`t really help any more , i should learn the other languages but i find them harder to use than native c++ , how silly is that when they are supposed to be easier lol .

hope u get it sorted .
thanks chunks

windows xp pro.
dale2507
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2009 15:42
It's a wrapper so it's just addressing a dll which is written in C# i think and that uses .net

http://www.codeplex.com/WiimoteLib

I've written it in c++ and added the dll as a reference then used namespace from it.

When it connects to the wiimote it looks in the hid device list for something specific so it doesn't get confused with keyboards an stuff.

Hope this helps with ur understanding.
Appreciate u lookin into it.

Dandyman
Years of Service
User Offline
Am I right in saying that this lets you play your games on the wii
Dandyman
Years of Service
User Offline
Oh by the way I am using fps creator
dale2507
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2009 01:50
Quote: "Am I right in saying that this lets you play your games on the wii"

No. to get started on stuff like that it's bout £2000. this lets you make your games compatible with the wiimote. I'm not sure how fps creator works but i don't think this will work with it.

Dandyman
Years of Service
User Offline
I don't get how to connect the wii remote to the computor. Also to play it do with the wii remote do I just have to connect it and put the dll into the folder with the exe in it
Plotinus
Years of Service
User Offline
Dandyman, you need to use bluetooth to connect the wiimote to the PC. There are websites telling you how to do it - just google it.

dale2507, any updates on this one?
dale2507
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2009 12:53
Quote: "dale2507, any updates on this one? "

Not really, i've been trying to figure out why it's not loading the dll for some people. I'll start working on things again but i need someone with basically guiter hero band bundle or a classic controller to test things for me and a dbpro installation that will load the dll obviously.

Mhall7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2009 23:21
I'm willing to do some testing for you. I have downloaded the plugin. It worked. I'm new to programming, so I went through the the source code and understood most of it. I tried compiling the sourse and got some errors. Mostly background color not in RGB format? Easy fix. I changed mode two to display a number instead of dots, so I could see how the senor works better. Unfortuntly, I am leaving for vacation tonight and will not be back till July 15th. But when I get back, I would like to help you out. Your plugin is really helping me. I was going to get a guitar hero band bundle anyway. Is all the hardware the same or is there a better one?
dale2507
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2009 01:40
All same i believe except some guitars don't have touchbar. Appreciate the testin an i'll start workin on this again. I've to try and figure out how multiple remotes work and arrays in c++.

Agent Dink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2009 08:10 Edited at: 2nd Jul 2009 08:24
I just downloaded the DLL's and ordered a bluetooth adapter. Can't wait to get started using this plugin!

Edit: I think I'm gonna build a USB IR sensor bar tomorrow night too

MISoft Studios - Silver-Dawn Gorilda is lost!

Agent Dink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2009 08:05 Edited at: 9th Jul 2009 08:09
dale2507

EDIT: Disregard, I didn't have the latest download. Works great now!! Thanks for this awesome plugin!

sorry for the double post, but...

I'm having some issues. IR sensing. It doesn't seem to update in real time. My homemade IR sensor bar works just fine as I tested it on my real Wii so I know it's not that. It seems that when I run the demo project it will return some IR data after the project loads but it doesn't update the locations in real time? Have you seen this occur before?

dale2507
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2009 16:40
Just a post to let you know what's going on.

I have figured out how the plugin works with multiple wiimotes and have managed to have 2 connected into dbpro. i am currently building a new demo and checking that all of the functions work correctly. The error reporting was ugly and a lot of it wasn't used so i'm also rewriting that with the new exceptions in as well.

I still have no idea why people were getting the 'Failed to load dll' error.

It may be a while until the next release so I will try and release some beta versions along the way.

Agent Dink
Years of Service
User Offline
Awesome. Multiple remotes is needed for head tracking and using a remote as a pointer too, so I support you. Keep up the good work

dale2507
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2009 00:26 Edited at: 14th Jul 2009 21:34
Here's a beta version. you can turn leds on and off on demo by clicking them. classic controller and guitar have not been tested as i don't have them to test. i've had 2 wiimiotes and a balance board connected up at once so far. not sure wot the limits are but the dll can support upto 21.

There's still not much error reporting in atm and the documentation is either old or generated.

Have fun

EDIT: I've notice a problem with the documentation in that it's all for wm acc raw x so i will fix that for next beta

Attachments

Mhall7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2009 16:23
Well time to make good on my promise I made before vacation. Guitar Hero World tour arrived while I was traveling. It has the guitar, drums, and a USB Mic. I downloaded your latest beta and did some testing.....

WIImote Test
Connected wiimote to PC and tested all functions.
Result - all worked.
Connected Guitar Hero Guitar controller
All color buttons worked
Strum bar works (unexpected graphics on up movement)
- (input seems to function fine - bug in demo program I think)
Wammy Bar works
Joystick - Works
- at rest center position is South-West from centered
green crosshair a few pixels.

Wiimote all button work while connected to the guitar.
IR Sensor and Accelerometer stopped functioning when connected to guitar.

Disconnected guitar.
All wiimote function except LEDs stopped functioning.

Hope this helps you. Let me know it you want me to do anything else.

I was looking at the drums... they have a MIDI In port. Makes you wonder what kind of possibilities that could open up....
dale2507
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2009 20:24
@Mhall7

Thanks that's great!

i think a lot of that is problems with the demo. i'll check through some of code. Joystick being off by a few pixels is same as on nunchuck i believe which isn't a big amount it's just the reset position is a slightly off which is magnified a bit by the demo.

ir sensor and accelerometer stopping i think can be fixed by calling wm set report type on extension change.

I will look into all this an thanks for the report

Mhall7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2009 15:55
Did some more testing last night.
Connected 5 Wiimotes, two with nunchuks,
and 1 balance board at once.
Everything functioned.

Mhall7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2009 21:54
dale2507
Are you still looking for someone to test the Classic controller? I might be able to get my hands on one next week.
Mati20041
Years of Service
User Offline
U roxx Dale!
I love you for what u did But will this dll work fine with Wii Motion Plus??
dale2507
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2009 00:39
Quote: "Did some more testing last night.
Connected 5 Wiimotes, two with nunchuks,
and 1 balance board at once.
Everything functioned. "

Awesome! nice to no bluetooth adapters can handle so much

Quote: "Are you still looking for someone to test the Classic controller? I might be able to get my hands on one next week."

Yes i still need confirmation that the commands work so if u can get hold of one i would really appreciate it as i'm sure everyone else will

Quote: "U roxx Dale!
I love you for what u did But will this dll work fine with Wii Motion Plus??"

Thanks The dll doesn't support Wii Motion Plus atm but it is being worked on and you can track how it's doin here >http://www.brianpeek.com/blog/archive/2009/06/19/status-of-wii-motionplus-support-for-wiimotelib.aspx< as soon as it's available in this dll i'll look into making it available in the wrapper.

Mati20041
Years of Service
User Offline
I found a bug. When i write command "WM CONNECT ()", appears an error "Failed to load DLL(1: DBPro_Wiimote_Plugin.dll)". Without this command, my script just commpile and turn off.

Is this normal?

PS At the moment i dont have communication with Wiilote. I must buy BH
dale2507
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2009 21:13
@Mati20041

No this is not normal although i have noticed that the name of the plugin is DBPro_Wiimote_Plugin.dll This shud be deleted when you run the installer but i shall check the code for that. If you go to your plugins-user folder and delete the DBPro_Wiimote_Plugin.dll and check for WiimoteLib Wrapper.dll If it's not there run the installer again.

Hopefully that will fix your problem

Mati20041
Years of Service
User Offline
I reinstalled program, later installed "Wiimote Plugin", next "wiimotelibwrapper" and now whatever i do with Wiimote commands appears an info "Parameter for 'wm connect' do not match 'int index' at line 1" :/
In folder plugins-user i have Wiimotelib Wrapper.dll
dale2507
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2009 21:36
@Mati

you need to make the wm connect command equal something so it can tell you if it waas successful or not. Try this:

Mati20041
Years of Service
User Offline

I tried this, but it seems to not recognize Wiimote commands without DBPro_Wiimote_Plugin.dll. :/
What am i doing wrong?
Mhall7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2009 18:50
Did some more testing.... It was difficult to find a Wii Classic Controller. Sorry, It took so long.
All buttons on the top face work.(arrows (4), -,home,+,x,y,a,b)
Neither of the joysticks worked. Didn’t even get a crosshair – so it might be in the demo program.
Non of the top buttons worked. Top (L,ZL,RZ,R) need to add graphic I guess.
Any thoughts of getting the speaker in the controller to play a wave file or something? Just a thought.
Plotinus
Years of Service
User Offline
I don't know what's happened, but somehow this is now working for me. The only things I've done differently since last time are that I'm using the very latest download (I hadn't tried this before as it didn't sound like it was addressing my problem) and I'm using CodeSurge instead of the default IDE. You wouldn't think either of these would make much difference, but there you go. I've got the demo program working fine. (NB - are you using some dll that allows you to use Ink commands with only one parameter? Because DBPro won't let me do that - I had to go through it and add a second parameter of zero to them all - not a Wiimote-related issue though so it's not important.)

It looks great. Thanks very much indeed for your work on this.
chunks chunks
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2009 15:52
hi dale could i have permission to use your dll in the gdk open source project , i see you have to keep the licence with and credit your name and keep the licence for the wiimote with it which is ok .

I just wrote some functions to call your dll from the gdk , nothing more that a wrapper of a wrapper lol .

chunks

windows vista ultimate.
dale2507
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2009 22:53
Hey sorry bout the late reply. My internet's been too slow to open this website. Sure go wild!

chunks chunks
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2009 16:40
cool thanks its already in , i have added your name in the credits

thanks chunks.

windows vista ultimate.
Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
Woooowwwwww.... I hate to be that guy who bumps and old thread but I am clueless.

I'm guessing I'm just not getting the Wii remote to work in general since it doesn't work in Glove Pie either but when I try to launch your program I just get the 'stopped working' windows error message.

Any tips?

dale2507
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2009 05:01
@Cian Rice

Yer there's no error reporting in it from when i rebuilt it so if it can't detect remote it just crashes and if it doesn't work in glovepie it probably won't work in this. U got it connect to your bluetooth correctly?

Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
I didn't the connection without a pairing code because that's the only one that worked (I have no idea where to look for a pairing code). When I tried to generate a pairing code it said it couldn't do it. So I'm going to look into it more.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-28 21:42:56
Your offset time is: 2024-05-28 21:42:56