Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / BlueGui - Haveing trouble with MENU_CLICK()

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2009 14:58 Edited at: 12th Apr 2009 07:30
When I run the program and access my menus, some of them do not respond to being clicked on. If I move the mouse down a long menu quickly, the item will work when clicked on. If I move the mouse at a normal speed some items won't work. I have included the gui.dba file in my project. I have been fighting this problem for about a week. I am at a complete loss as to what is going on. I have attached the source code to this post.

I have also noticed that if I do not change the main window into a gadget, then the menus work correctly. I have also tried earlier versions of blugui and the same thing occurs. I am currently using the latest version.

Any help will be appreciated!!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
chaos60556 2000
Years of Service
User Offline
Are there any Reliable alternatives to BlueGUI 2???

After more than 2 weeks of fighting this plugin, I still haven't been able to overcome the problem that I am having.

I am open to any suggestions for Reliable software that can do the same things as bluegui 2, even if the alternative costs money.

In case anyone is interested, the problem can be found here:
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=148694&b=18
c64 Maddddd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2009 19:55
I had a few goes at your scripted and I can't see what's wrong. But what I did found out that if you shorten the drop menu length, its works a lot better. May be knocking a few items into sub menus.

My guess is this is an problem with BlueGUI, not your program. And now BlueGUI is canceled, I don't think there's going to be any more updates.

Hope this help and your program looks like a BIG project, good luck.

DarkBasic is grate on the PC, but..
the Commodore 64 Basic 2 is the BEST!!
chaos60556 2000
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the responce c64 Maddddd.

Your idea to shorten the menus seems to solve the problem. I just can't figure out why the menus don't work if they are dropping below the bottom edge of the top 2 windows.
I know this is a big project that I have started on. After 5
years of messing around with dark basic then dbpro, I thought that
I should finally start putting everything that I have learned into
creating a game. This editor is just the start for the game. I decided to create the editor first for 2 reasons:

1. The editor is the harder program to create than the game engine.
2. I also wanted the ability to run the game from the editor as the game is being developed.
Mistrel
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2009 03:56 Edited at: 18th May 2009 03:56
PureGDK offers a complete GUI library through PureBasic as well as complete access to the Win32 API for callbacks and advanced interaction with native windows and controls.

It completely integrates DBP's event loop with the parent window to provide seamless access to all supported events. There's no need to handle a second event loop in parallel.

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=129723&b=5

Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2009 11:28
It seems that one of the DBP updates has killed BlueGUI!
Even the menu demo that comes supplied with BlueGUI no longer works

c64 Maddddd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2009 17:45
I just had a look throw PureGDK and it looks intresting. Do you know where its possibal to see the commands list provied from PureGDK, or just see the GUI commands.

I like to see them before I consider getting it.

the Commodore 64 is the BEST!!
tiresius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2009 22:13
Quote: "It seems that one of the DBP updates has killed BlueGUI!"

What happens and what version of DBPro are you using? I have menus in my 1.72 and they still work.

I'm not a real programmer but I play one with DBPro!
c64 Maddddd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2009 20:20
Dose anyone know where there is an arcive of DBPro updates, I'll be willing try to find out.

chaos60556 2000
Years of Service
User Offline
If anyone is interested, I solved the problem I was talking about in the first post. The menu system now works. All viewports now show up as child windows of the main window. The main window is not a gadget! All the viewports now resize correctly when the main window is resized. I have faked the deleting or closing of the viewports by hiding them when you click on their close button. There are four extra buttons on the toolbar that will unhide or bring back each closed viewport. The main window sets itself to the users desktop resolution, and sets it's size to the size of the desktop minus the area for the taskbar.

In order to try this code, you will need both bluegui and styx enhancement packs.

Just thought I would post this solution as a way of giving back to the forum and to say thanks to all the people who have helped or tried to help me.
Mistrel
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2009 08:29 Edited at: 14th Jun 2009 08:32
Quote: "I just had a look throw PureGDK and it looks intresting. Do you know where its possibal to see the commands list provied from PureGDK, or just see the GUI commands.

I like to see them before I consider getting it."

Here you go:

http://puregdk.com/files/upload/PureGDK.chm

All GUI commands are provided through PureBasic. You can download the demo here:

http://www.purebasic.com/download.php3

Or browse the online documentation here:

http://www.purebasic.com/documentation/index.html

c64 Maddddd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2009 21:02
I'll check it out, Thanks.

Silverman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2009 18:35
Matrix1 Utility Plug-ins are free, but not styx enhancement packs.

styx / Matrix1 :

WINDOW X() = DISPLAY WIDTH()
WINDOW Y() = DISPLAY HEIGHT()
WINDOW WIDTH() = GET WINDOW WIDTH()
WINDOW HEIGHT() = GET WINDOW HEIGHT()
WINDOW CLIENT WIDTH() = GET WINDOW CLIENT WIDTH()
WINDOW CLIENT HEIGHT() = GET WINDOW CLIENT HEIGHT()

AMD Athlon(tm)XP 3200+ (2.2GHz) / DDR pc3200 (1024Mo) / Nvidia 6800GT (driver 178.24 WHQL)/ XP Pro SP3 / DirectX 9.0c (march 2008)/ DBPro 7.1

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 00:46:21
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 00:46:21