Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / chat program

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
hi its me again,

im trying to make a chat prg for me and my friend but in the lil' book that comes with DB they dont give any examples about online prgs so if someone could give me an example on how it works i would really appreciate it.

thx

(note: for people who are here since a long time they may remember somebody called burningshadow or shannow... that was me)

(ps:i only have DB and im wondering if its really worth buying DB pro?)
Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2002 08:48
yeh get dbpro... its worth it... =\ while your at it get purebasic to easily make dll's... db is to c++ like pb is to x86 assembly... =\ yup... and for your chat program... what kind are you making... peer to peer... server client... UPD... TCP... ??? what single threaded (its just a lil chatter i suggest) multi threaded (OH YES FOR GAMES RIGHT HERE)... =D more info plz... hrmm for peer to peer (you asked how this works) all computers work together... in some of them the fastest computer acts sorta like a server... then when they disconnect it jumps to the lower one down... UPD is more of a gamming thing... TCP would be what you want... you could go with server/client then give admin power to the server... and make it so you can make mods outta the clients... i have one like that for blitz3d... =\ single threaded cauz you dont need multi threaded... =D make sure you put in the correct IP and an open port...

AMD Athlon XP 2100+ OC to 3Ghz/1.5gigs ram/128mb ti4200/120gigs hd/19" monitor/Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum EX/2.5mbs Sat Con... I joined in!
TheCyborg
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2002 11:07
I have written a quite nice (I think) chat (talk) program in DB. Works over TCP/IP, IPX/SPX and the others. Supports up to 254 clients. I will upload it to my Homepage in about 12 hours (about 8 pm GMT).
The url:
Http://TheCyborg.Amok.dk/

TheCyborg Development.
http://TheCyborg.Amok.dk
The Ultimate Source To DarkBASIC Programming.
snecia
Years of Service
User Offline
thx for answering,

it will be more something like tcp/ip i guess... im not so srtong in online prgs... i want a prg that sends packets using a personns IP...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 00:17:52
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 00:17:52