Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / [LOCKED] Nuclear Wars - Tempory Title

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2009 15:38 Edited at: 13th Apr 2009 15:50
Hey all!

Im writing this while i download Beyond Life (fors some game Ideas).

A group of friends, including me, have been working on a project for about a month now. We are planning to incorperate DB Pro with FPSC X9. I think that this is a first. The story goes like this:

A virus braks out turning people into zombies...
A cure is created by a private company...
Contact is lost with this company as the whole of America is infected...
A safe containing the cure has been sent to a shipping factory, but in the confusion it has gone missing...
A survivor in the company, a scientist who knows the codes to open the safe, has made contact to british forces...

Tutorials
There are 4 tutorials showing, basic manovering, weapon usage, objective type one (search and destroy), objective type 2 (locate and retrieve)

Act 1
Deactivate the powerplant providing power to the defencives of the company. (Search and Destroy)

Act 2
Locate the safe and clear the surrounding area of all zombies so that it can be airlifted out. (Locate and Retrieve)

Act 3
Locate the hostage. Evacuate with the hostage. (Locate and Retrieve)

Each act is around 8 - 10 levels. Eact Act is linked via DB Pro. The acts contain passwords which are used to unlock the next level. The game also features a Zombie Mod (4 Maps, 20 levels) and various online Free for All maps (10).

ACT 1 - Completed apart from objective speach, 8 Levels
ACT 2 - In progres 4 Levels
ACT 3 - Testing completed, yet to build
Zombie Mod - Testing completed, yet to build
Arenas - Not started

The following are features included in the game...

1) Iron sights
2) Bomb Planting scripts
3) Recoil
4) Lots of detail to entities (High graphics system will be required for best use)
5) Large range of weapons
6) Variety of sound efx
7) All objectives will be told to the player via voice actors
8) Pressing M will display a map
9) Pressing V gives a sudden boost (Run faster, fist fighting only, jump heigher, enemy dammage multiplyer)
10) Pressing TAB displays the objectives

Any feed back will be greatly appreciated
The site will be running soon and includes screenshots from ACT II Level 1.

The Team is as follows:

Me (James Hill)
George Grange
Max (N/A)
Alex (N/A)

Beta Testers:

Mark Hill
Harrison Grange
Matthew Macdonald
David Levene
Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
it sounds good and cool, but the story, well it is a little tóóó overdone... but is sounds cool

Keep it up

Red Eye: Now in the Forums
A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
Well its not that complex I think... War, cure, curelost, retrieve cure, retrieve codes (from survivor).

We were thinking that in the first update we could have another act where you are finish the missions and get airlifted back to the aircraft carrior where the mission comand was. But some how the zombies have got in the ship and have killed half the crew.

A sequal to the game is where you get back to europe with the cure and one of the zombies on the boat survived and now the virus is in Europe and you need to give out the cure to all major countries.... (Its like resident evil - the good guys can never quite defeat the virus).

This way the game can have loads of parts and it means that next time we decide to make a game were not stuck for ideas!!!!!!!
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2009 21:44
W.I.P evidence

SCREEN SHOTS are required for all posts you make in this board. If you've got a demo of a game then great, post a screenie of it, and maybe even a download. Otherwise, you're not really at the stage where you can call it a Work In Progress.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-06 10:57:17
Your offset time is: 2024-05-06 10:57:17