Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / A quick Blue GUI question.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2009 13:49
I have to write a small application, basically just a text editor with some special functions, to help me with my daily job.

I know I would be better off using something like VB, but I don't have the free time for the learning curve.

Now, this application needs to open a window, split down the middle by a movable bar, so you can move it left to write and make one pain larger, the other smaller.

Is this possible with Blue GUI?

Thanks in advance.

/\/\@<
KISTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2009 19:04
I've only messed with a few features of it, but yes. It would be possible.

Mac
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2009 05:44
Thanks very much.

/\/\@<
MSon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2009 23:15
Unsure if you've done this yet, but to let you know how i do this is by creating a Panel from top to bottom, or left to right to detect with MouseClick, Then Resize/Reposition the altered gadgets, you can see how i do this in BlueGui in the attached picture to allow multipul splitters, VB has an automattic gadget for this, it would be useful in blue, but its a case of making it yourself.

Everyone Be Cool, You, Be Cool.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Rudolpho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2009 10:39
@MSon: how did you make the rightmost part transparent?
Could be useful

MSon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2009 10:52 Edited at: 13th May 2009 11:45
Its not transparant, I just dont like the windows in ???windows??? as there all the same, so i make my own from scratch using bluegui and a Skinned Window system I made.

If you want a transparant part on a window then look up the command SetGadgetShape, This will allow you to use a mask image to make part of a window or gadget transparant.

Alternativley if you do want to make a window my way, (Which i wouldn't recommend as it does use extra system resources, and you need to take manual control of window resizing and repositioning) then the window pictured above is created using about 30 borderless windows and Panels, all attached direct to the desktop to the shape of a window, the gaps are where as i just remmed out some panels, This way is much slower to do than just using a Mask Image and can be much more problamatic so i'd recommend you try using the SetGadgetShape option, (The window above took me 2 days to make using a Windows Media Player Skin).

Everyone Be Cool, You, Be Cool.
Rudolpho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2009 13:05
Ah, thanks, I didn't think about using masks in that way

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 15:19:19
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 15:19:19