Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Code Snippets / [DBP] FVF Calculator

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2009 22:27 Edited at: 21st Apr 2009 22:43
I was confused and frustrated by FVF settings and values, so I put this together to try to understand them.

This can combine the different constants to return the final integer value of the FVF setting, as revealed by Matrix1's Get Limb FVF() or DKAVM's DK Get Object FVF().

It can also check all possible combinations of the constants to return the combinations which can make up an integer value returned by these functions. So if you want to duplicate one object's FVF in another, this may be useful. Setting the integer value returned by the plugins can work in cases where that integer value represents a unique combination (true of default import value of 338 or of DBP cube primitive's 274). But not all integer values represent unique combinations. Over 50 combinations can return 14, and if you set this integer using Change Object FVF and check with one of the plugins, it will be returned as the 338 default - presumably because 14 is indeterminate as noted. In such a case, you have to specify the combination of hex constants with Change Object FVF. Which is where this could be a useful tool. Hopefully.

I'm not sure whether the different vertex blending constants or UV set constants should be mutually exclusive or not. If anyone knows, let me know. FVF links which I found useful are in the remarks of the code.

My apologies to everyone for forgetting the DBP notification in the thread title when this was initially posted. Assuming the earlier post was deleted for that reason. :blush:

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-18 18:10:54
Your offset time is: 2024-05-18 18:10:54