Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / "U187 - Universal Executions" - WIP FPSC X10 with level 1 vid and pics

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2009 23:32 Edited at: 9th May 2009 23:43
Hi Guys, I have finally been able to start making the game that has been stuck in my head the past year and a half. Due to FPS Creator X9 bugs back when I started this, X10 has got rid of the problem I had before and seems to be letting me create my ideas now.

This is a short glimpse of the start of the game "U187 - Universal Executions" just to show the layout and gameplay of the game. In the finished game (remember this is only start of level 1), there will be movie scenes in it, more bad guys, more weapons, more areas to explore and more detail in the real game. Check it out so far and see if you like it or not.

Here is the story to the game I am making:

The story is a new police station is being opened on the outskirts of L.A. which combines a prison, a police precinct and SWAT team all under the one roof and location. You are the new police captain and are in charge of the project. However, as the first 3 bus loads of inmates arrive, which contain some of the most ruthless killers and gangsters in the state, or maybe even the world, a planned hit by outside gangs is set in motion and the buses are attacked.

The gangs which are related to several of the mob bosses that have been arrested and are on the buses then start to attack the station while it is not 100% up to its full quota of men that should be there operating it. They ravage the place killing everyone ruthlessly with knives, fire axes and with our own guns stolen from the SWAT armoury.

One person they missed though is the new captain who was setting up his new office in the SWAT department. The crooks kill the only 2 people in that department at the time, or so they think. Hiding under your desk with no weapon you must seek out aa weapon and take back the station yourself until you can radio for help.

Once you radio for help when you enter the station you are ordered by the governor of the state to execute order U187. An order only the governor, police chiefs and captains know about. It states that any prison or station overthrown by its prisoners where the prisoners are armed and have killed officers or civilians at the scene, grants the officers at the location to begin universal summary executions to bring the situation under control. With a licence to commit 187's universally on all inmates, the story begins....

Video link is here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Xs38Uvf27M

The video is low VHS quality and if you want to see high quality pictures and the correct lighting setting the game will have, check out the attached pics.

Thanks for reading and keep an eye out.

Cheers.

Hazzman

Hear no evil, see no evil

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Hazzman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2009 23:42
2nd screenie

Attachments

Hazzman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2009 23:44
3rd screenie, of the gun cage area and leading onto the garage area

Attachments

Hazzman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2009 23:44
4th some posters on the walls

Attachments

Hazzman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2009 23:46
outside the double door

Attachments

Hazzman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2009 23:46
entering the main building

Attachments

Hazzman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2009 23:47
some custom signs

Attachments

Hazzman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2009 23:48
niside main police station building with convicts who do not go quietly. Last screeny until get some feedback on the layout etc and gameplay footage thanks for looking.

Attachments

Butt monkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2009 02:07
I quite like it so far. I would suggest scaling down the captains office as it looked huge. Also watch some of the media you use such as the sci-fi computer terminal. It looked very out of place in the office and it was also BEHIND the player. Is the player likely to turn around and see it or is it just wasting space?

I would say that more entities wouldn't go amiss. Your layout is pretty decent, but you should add more detail, perhaps a little barred security door into the garage and gun cage. Destroyed keypads which would have been used to get into the gun cage but have been hacked off the wall etc.

Add as much as you can - In my view, it is better to have too much in a level and then scale it down than too little and then struggle to try and fill it. But remember, keep it realistic.
Coach Shogun 20
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2009 05:09
I think you've got a nice little idea, but do you have the v1.09, cause the weapons texture looks a little messed up. I also would warn you against using the stock lights, change it a bit to make it more realistic looking. A bit lighter red maybe.

Hazzman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2009 13:24
Hey coach cheers for mentioning that I forgot I had automatic updating turned off on X10 and just checked and mine was 1.08 so updated to 1.09 there now. Near had a heart attack as it kept crashing but reinstalling X10 in control panel made it work no sweat thank god lol.

I think your right I will make the red a littlel lighter in the gun cage and put some guns on the wall hanging maybe as well. Only problem I notice is the level uses a lot of memory at present, maybe I should activate things via trigger zones like enemies etc when the player gets into a certain range.

Hey Butt monkeu I think your right also as in my previous version of this game in X9 before it crashed on me, the captains office was only 4 squares in area but now its 8 so twice the size. I think its my widescreen monitor it can be deceiving it looks sometimes its too small even tho there is plenty of room so I always allocate more space just incase...even when I dont need to if u know what i mean? Lol

I weill use the sci fi lock which says locked on it and put the electricity decal over it so it looks likelike u say its been hacked into or broken to get into it. I think i will take out the sci fi monitor thing as well it was to b used like as if it was a monitoring station for the cameras but it says sci fi things on it that u wouldnt find on a conventional CCTV screen lol.

I will be updating and adding some bits today into it so I will post any update as I do them . cheers for the feedback.

Hazzman

Hazzman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2009 13:47
Here is the smaller more refined captains office

Attachments

Hazzman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2009 14:19
I notice some entities dont appear where they should some are from the troublesome model pack 3 and 5 and when you place the msometimes they do not appear at all, especially for the lights in model pack 3 I wanted the hanging down ones but they are in the editor but dont appear in the game which is annoying.

I had to put the gun cage like this so it looks like the door has been forced off it(a sliding door), however the broken control panel doesnt appear on the fence part either i am afraid.

Also the red light has been scaled down more toward the orange colour spectrum.

Attachments

Hazzman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2009 14:20
some more detail added for the vehicle

Attachments

michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2009 18:01
i check out the video its looking good. but one thing dont mix the model pack weapons it does not make since.when it comes to the hands .but you have a great fresh idea.

more than what meets the eye
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2009 18:49
Looking good, but those tire tracks are pretty random, and sandy...

"Give a man a fish, and he'll eat for a day. Give a man a fishing rod, and he'll break it up into firewood...or swap it for a fish."
-Frankie Boyle, on Mock the Week
Coach Shogun 20
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2009 21:01
The hand texture problem is still there. I think you need to reinstall the pack, just use the "for non FPSC use" and copy the files into your FPSC x10 directory. I like the new captains office, much better.

Hazzman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2009 20:41
yeah I am not sure how to stop that hand thing happening I had a bit of a lighting problem with the whole level at one point and lights wouldnt display in their areas however it fixed the problem, but when the lights came back after rebooting my computer, the hand problem came back again. Kinda a dilly of a pickle lol

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-07 02:13:38
Your offset time is: 2024-05-07 02:13:38