Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2002 09:17
Hello,

I think I am about to make my purchase od DBpro, but before I do, I have a question regarding license issues for the product.

I will be doing a lot of work at home and at the office with DBpro. How does licensing work for the product? Will I be able to install it at 2 locations? Is there some sort of portable license system, is there a dongle, or are no such measures required?

Thanks!

I really need to be able to work in both locations
Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2002 09:33
You will need to ask Rich!... From what I understand its a buy... use... no royalties kinda deal! Your can install it where you want just as long as you have your disk!!! Dbpro likes to check every 100 runs to make sure your copy is legit my scanning your cd. If I'm wrong Rich can correct me but if you buy 1 copy I'm sure you can use it on 2 comps just travel with that cd well protected.

DarthPuff (CEO of Puff Inter@ctive... lead programmer of The DarkHalf)

AMD Athlon XP 2100+ OC to 3Ghz/1.5gigs ram/128mb ti4200/120gigs hd/19" monitor/Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum EX/2.5mbs Sat Con... I joined in!
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2002 10:02
as the CD is really required to run, i'm guessing they don't have a Microsoft style "one copy, one machine" rule

i mean don't quote me on this but i'd say its oki (atleast i hope so cause i've done this with DarkBasic Enhanced )
If ya think about it as long as your really the only person to be using it, and it isn't for the whole company and like a million pirate CDs are done ... then it should be cool
hey ya know what kinda funny, its actually more expensive to purchase DarkBasic Pro for all the programmers here than the Enterprise edition of Microsoft Visual Studio .Net

Anata aru kowagaru no watashi!
anoon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2002 10:12
Hey, thanks a lot for the replies. I did not realize that the CD was required to run. That suits me just fine.

I was hoping that as long only one install is usable at any given time, it would be ok.

Thanks again.

anoon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2002 10:15
Oh, and I just read the post: CD CHECK AGAIN!?!

I guess that answers my questions as well!

rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2002 22:32
ya, you can "fix" the cd check

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
Get the DB Weekly Newsletter at www.dbwn.cjb.net
Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2002 04:41
nice new avatar rap

AMD Athlon XP 2100+ OC to 3Ghz/1.5gigs ram/128mb ti4200/120gigs hd/19" monitor/Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum EX/2.5mbs Sat Con... I joined in!
Lee Bamber
Years of Service
User Offline
...and I can fix the 'fix' of the cd check I have increased the number of compiles from 100 to 500 so the CD check is less intrusive. I am always open to further suggestions to make this less obstructive for DBPro users.

rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2002 03:37
well... whenever I compile and cd check pops up, putting in the CD does nothing. I have to restart my comp for me to be able to use DBP again. Very annoying... so I set the number of compiles to -500000, CD check won't be bothering me any more

If you want less intrusive, maybe a warning can pop up a compile or two before CD check, that way, you'll know to pop in the CD.

PS- Nice to see you around Lee

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
Kousen Dev Progress >> Currently Working On Editors
Matto
Years of Service
User Offline
I do not mind the cd check, the trouble with it is it takes about 2 mins to kick in, then it fondles with the cd a bit then pops the cd splash up and removes it then takes a further up to 5 mins to run the exe which before the cd check took maybe 20 seconds.. so on average if you said 5 mins to get past the cd check (thats with the cd in already and no need to change it) it rather a long time, I try to be good and wait but it's just the length of time outwits my patience a little too much, can you cure my patience in patch 3 please

1ghz Cel,512 sdram 133,Gf2 MX 400 64,SBL 5.1,Win98
Best Upcoming MMOG - http://WWW.Atriarch.com
Project: Card Game with No Name
gbuilder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2002 05:32
'I have increased the number of compiles from 100 to 500 so the CD check is less intrusive.'

That sounds less intrusive Lee, the only other concern I have is that my valuable cd may get scratched or simply worn by so much use. Some sort of assurance that cds will be replaced free of charge should a damaged one be returned to you.. would be comforting.

gbuilder.

AMD900mhz, 256mb Ram, 64mb GForce2 MX400 Graphics card, Windows 98se.
rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2002 06:01
I agree

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
Lee Bamber
Years of Service
User Offline
Never fear. If it came to that I would pay the cost of getting you a replacement CD. I want happy programmers. I dont want to be decapitated by scratched CDs hurled by disgruntled DBPro users

gbuilder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2002 12:26
Now that's good customer support!

gbuilder

AMD900mhz, 256mb Ram, 64mb GForce2 MX400 Graphics card, Windows 98se.
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2002 12:54
Aww really?
I guess the Angry Mob tonite is canceled then

Anata aru kowagaru no watashi!
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2002 01:54
Lees walking down the street only to be ambused by 3 savage db cd weilding users who fire a few off at him.

Quick thinking lee ducks the first few matirx style so his feet dont move in the process but his top body didges the discs as they slamm into concrete and twang a vibration before coming to rest. The Amount gets to much and he has to cartwheel behind a bus shelter that gets decimated by the barrage.

mike happened to be around the corner and heard the distinct DB cd Twang sound and teleported lee outta there just in time as more vicous db cd weilding users loomed up.

one of the users got caught in the teleportation field and lee hands him a new cd and he winks out of existence with a cheshire cat grin.

wheres my medication

rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2002 06:32
?
I thought I was tired...

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-08 17:51:38