Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Discussion / [LOCKED] Some advice for newcomers.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2009 18:21
@ Arbiter chewbacca hybrid

I am having quite a lot of trouble understanding your sentence structure, since it is not quite grammatically correct. Can you please repeat what you said above, but this time with a few more periods and maybe commas, and some words that I can understand? What does Noone mean?

Thanks

TheComet

Make the path of your enemies easier with Waypoint Pro!
That1Smart Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2009 18:34
i got noone, its supposed to be No-One but thats not a real word, just slang

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who dont
BN2 Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "we can't encourage noobs to spell so baddley."

Way to raise the bar obese.

Great Quote:
"Time...LINE??? Time isn't made out of lines...it is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round!" -Caboose
BiggAdd
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2009 22:41
I don't think this should be stickied to be honest.

Your list is a brief selection of things that have already been put into the current stickies.
It really is up to Ron and TDK to manage rules etc.

Sorry to disappoint!

That1Smart Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2009 00:41
unless im not hip to the news, TDK has been gone for a long time hasnt he?

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who dont
Libervurto
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2009 02:17
Quote: "Way to raise the bar obese."

What's wrong with my zbelling?

There is an eight letter word. You can insert a letter into it or remove a letter from it without changing its meaning. Answer
arbiter chewbacca hybrid
Years of Service
User Offline
you have a Z instead of an S

and Obese point out the specific things wrong with the advice for newcomers and I will fix them just tell me what needs to be fixed.

Vista is a paradox created by Bill Gates to force the noble pc gamers of america to console I am here to change that. [link]www.kdlproductions.webs.com[link]
Libervurto
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2009 02:41 Edited at: 17th Jun 2009 02:42
It's too late, there's no saving this thread. There's just too much bad sbelling and I feel all I'm doing is making things werss.

There is an eight letter word. You can insert a letter into it or remove a letter from it without changing its meaning. Answer
That1Smart Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2009 02:49
rofl, just end it, this thread will never be stickied because the mods have said so, it doesnt matter what we say

arbiter chewbacca hybrid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2009 05:07 Edited at: 17th Jun 2009 05:07
What mod said that he wasn't TDK or ron ericson he wasn't a darkbaic mod.

Vista is a paradox created by Bill Gates to force the noble pc gamers of america to console I am here to change that. [link]www.kdlproductions.webs.com[link]
Grog Grueslayer
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Green Hell
Posted: 17th Jun 2009 08:28
If a thread like this was going to stop newbies from doing dumb things and asking dumb questions we would of had one like this stickied a long time ago. So it's not going to happen... now focus on your code and go on with life.

Libervurto
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2009 17:31
Good advice to noobs would be to refrain from starting too many threads when you first join. I made 16 in my second month; last month I made 4.

That1Smart Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2009 17:39
well now obese dont stop them from asking questions, i myself make many threads that probably seem random and pointless but they all are questions I want answered

Libervurto
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2009 18:21
Yes but they should only ask questions if they can't find the answers themselves.

That1Smart Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2009 18:57
do mods control hot threads as well?

arbiter chewbacca hybrid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2009 19:08 Edited at: 17th Jun 2009 19:09
Yes so this thread would probably stop them from getting to the point where they would start making dumb mistakes(3D)

@ grog I suppose someone wanted to make this thread (or at least something like it) a long time ago and someone like you said

Quote: "If a thread like this was going to stop newbies from doing dumb things and asking dumb questions we would of had one like this stickied a long time ago"
and it never happened Think ahead grog and don't make foolish assumptions saying if it was meant to be it, it would have have been done in essence becuase if that is true the whole universe should cease to exist and nothing should ever happen ... ever

That1Smart Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2009 19:12
........WHAT!?!?!

man use proper grammar and spelling PLEASE!!

TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2009 19:23
@Chewbacca

My face looked quite like this one when I read your post:

So you are telling me, that if someone had made that post, the universe would not exist? So, technically, in your perspective of thinking, if this thread gets stickied, the... universe will... not exist? How does that work? I have been studying things to do with the universe for quite some time now, but have never come across something like that...

TheComet

That1Smart Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2009 19:28
i know your not supposed to give your age on here, but is anyone else wondering how old arby is?

TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2009 19:42
It is quite cruel of us to gang up on him and say that he is a young, inexperienced person that has no chance here at all, don't you think?

@hybrid

Don't worry, you are still a good member in this community, even if a few posts seem a bit tough. Everyone starts off like you did, some even worse, so don't take it personally, and let me remind you that this thread wont be stickied, as BigAdd has confirmed, so that is that. So lets let this thread sink as you mentioned a few posts back and forget about it, OK?

I'm glad that's settled.

TheComet

Grog Grueslayer
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Green Hell
Posted: 17th Jun 2009 20:58
Quote: "@ grog I suppose someone wanted to make this thread (or at least something like it) a long time ago and someone like you said
and it never happened Think ahead grog and don't make foolish assumptions saying if it was meant to be it, it would have have been done in essence becuase if that is true the whole universe should cease to exist and nothing should ever happen ... ever"

The only problem with that is if someone only "wanted" to make a thread but actually didn't make the thread then I wouldn't of said that because the thread wouldn't exist for me to post that reply... no time paradox.

Now if I ever get my time machine working right. I'll go to the future and take Master Programmer arbiter chewbacca hybrid and go back to May 25, 2009 at 5:00am so the Master Programmer you can talk to the newbie you 50 minutes before you started this thread. The Master Programmer you would discourage the newbie you to make this thread. If somehow you actually listen to yourself and if this thread being stickied is what causes you to stop being crazy and just focus on code... then the Master Programmer you wouldn't exist and because he was the reason why you never became a Master Programmer then and only then would the universe blow up because he shouldn't of existed to stop you from becoming him. Now that is a major time paradox. So do the universe a favor... just become a Master Programmer without this thread being stickied.

t10dimensional
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2009 21:20 Edited at: 17th Jun 2009 21:27
Plaese can a mod lock this thread,its getting way off subject and
it's never going to be sticked.Yes @smartguy,I am starting to wonder.

If at first you don't succeed-Pause-Go to last checkpoint
Ashingda 27
Years of Service
User Offline
@Grog Grueslayer
LOL
arbiter chewbacca hybrid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2009 21:37 Edited at: 17th Jun 2009 21:42
Ok..
@ raxerx I really begin to question your age, I.Q, and whether you are a bot someone made to irritate people on Darkbasic or actually a serious person trying to get on with her/his life.

@Smartguy why exactly don't you want this thread to be stickyed ashingda actually had a reason,(and just incase your wondering I do forgive you for all the crap you've put me through in tyring to find another programming language and I thank you because if you hadn't put me through that hell in the first place I would never have come to back to darkbasic.)

@TheComet is that guy suppose to be retarded or just a regular guy making a retarded face.

t10dimensional
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2009 23:41
Now that your back to DB start programing.Have fun,it's what is sopposed to be done.Not sit at the forums all day insulting people.
The forums is for questions,answers and for coding.

If at first you don't succeed-Pause-Go to last checkpoint
BiggAdd
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2009 00:10
Ok I'm locking this now. It is getting way out of hand.

Flame

This thread has been locked due to the unmanageable number of flame responses. Please refer to section 3.11 - 3.12 of the Acceptable Usage Policy for full details:

http://www.thegamecreators.com/?gf=aup#forum

AUP Section 3.17 ...Moderators shall, at their discretion, determine what constitutes a violation of theses terms, along with generally accepted nettiqute standards, and can take action against those who violate these rules.

If you contributed to the reason for locking, you may now find yourself on moderation, or in extreme cases a ban.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-20 10:57:35
Your offset time is: 2024-05-20 10:57:35