Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / "Iceberg" Free Multiplayer Level FPS Creator X10 By Hazzman

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2009 20:08 Edited at: 25th May 2009 22:16
Hi guys here is a new level I made and had a few problems with it again but here is a link to the youtube video of how it should look:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gT1BsW8ryfg

I forgot the fog effects dont work in arena mode games unfortunately. But here is a story I made up for the level first thing that came to my head I know its not that great but hey what can ya do :

its basically a small iceberg that has been inhabited by a british energy company in their search for alternative sources of energy all over the world. One is using the extreme cold of the anarctic circle to freeze and suspend energy molecules to such extent that the energy they release will be released much slower and last longer.

However on the iceberg a collision with another ice berg in the ocean causes a small shudder to the whole mass and knocks everything out of place, like a mini earthquake on a much smaller scale.

The SAS are called in suspecting this is a terrorist attack as all communications were lost abruptly and in such a shot space of time. When the team get there they find the place in ruins but they also find that one of them is a double agent who wants these energy plans for himself to sell on the black market. As two out of the 6 SAS who originally arrive, only 4 are left, and as no one knows who is the traitor, none of them are going to give the traitor the opportunity to leave this iceberg ever again...

Got it uploaded the link to download the game is http://www.techville.co.uk/iceberg.rar

Thanks for checking it out uploading to my website as we speak so wont be available for another hour or so.

Cheers.

Hazzman

Hear no evil, see no evil
Hazzman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2009 20:14
1 screenie

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Hazzman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2009 20:15
2nd screenie

Attachments

Hazzman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2009 20:15
and the 3rd

Attachments

Wazoo117
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2009 08:16
Looks pretty kool... Do you have anything besides MP5? The models tend to drag the quality down a little bit. Also the random objects "stuck" in the ground kind of bugs me a bit, but that is the way they are supposed, right. I was just thinking, maybe some snow drifts, or snowbanks, things like that would make it look a little better..

"There are very few problems in life that cannot be solved by the proper application of high explosives"
Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
maybe putting some snow models. would help the bug with entities in the ground.

Hazzman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2009 01:52 Edited at: 1st Jun 2009 02:00
lol i wish I knew how to use 3d canvas pro a lot better then I could create my own snow models but I am not very good at using it i am afraid I just got FX home the special effects software for movies and am messin around with it at the mo. charging up the mini dv camera right now to make some action scenes.

I wonder if a scene from a game in FPSC could be reinacted in real time to help with the plot of a game? The special effects in the games could be reinacted in this software as it is very customizable and has lots of effects its amazing!

Working on another level at the mo as well one inspired from COD 4 a tennant block level called "Vacant" so keep an eye out for it.

Thanks

Wazoo117
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2009 01:54 Edited at: 1st Jun 2009 01:54
Yea, I thought about redoing "Vacant" also, we should compare when we finish!

Oh, and by the way fog does work in multiplayer....

"There are very few problems in life that cannot be solved by the proper application of high explosives"
Hazzman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2009 02:01
yeah no sweat wazoo sounds good man how do u get it to work please tell me

Wazoo117
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2009 02:16
Not 100% sure about X10 but I don't see why it won't work...

Anyway, after building a game navigate to Files>Languagebank>english>gamebank>(name of game)>setuplevel.fpi

In the .fpi file, there should be aline that looks like this:

:state=0:fog=0,fogred=100,foggreen=100,fogblue=100

change the "fog=0" to "fog=1" that will make the level have fog. Now, I presume that you want the fog to be white, bcause of the snowy enviroment. So to make it white you change the values in the line, "fogred=100,foggreen=100,fogblue=100" to "fogred=0,foggreen=0,fogblue=0".

That should make it white, if it turns out pitch black, then that is my fault it should have been 255 for the values, but I'm pretty sure it's 0.

That's how you do fog...

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2009 11:28
Looks cool. Very very cool.

Zeroff
Years of Service
User Offline
Sounds awesome. I'm going to download it tomurrow. Also whenthe title said Iceberg I thought it was going to be a game about Titanic. I saw the vid on YOutube, it looks preety cool.

Yet to have a signature

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-06 11:49:14
Your offset time is: 2024-05-06 11:49:14