Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Showcase / [X9] [BOTB] Froggy Shoot Out is now free!!!!!!!!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2009 04:00 Edited at: 12th Jul 2009 02:40
FROGGY SHOOT OUT

By Dennis Borruso

In this game your objective is to kill all the frogs that have
taken over the town. You have to find the keys to open the
doors to the next level where you will explore different
environments and fight different frogs. There is the main
outdoor level, the stables, the general store, the bank, the
saloon, and finally the jail where you battle
the frog sheriff.

Please download it FREE at http://www.froggyshootout.com/

See web page for contact info....

Froggy Shoot Out is made with fpsc 1.09 using s4 mod

Attachments

Login to view attachments
darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2009 04:17
Why did you decide to release this for free? Did it not do well for sale?

dennisb
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2009 04:43
I did do some sales on the game, but yeah sales were low. That is not the only reason though. Although I think this game is fun for all ages, the people who would be most likely to buy it are kids and they do not generally have paypal accounts and credit cards. So this way everybody gets a chance to play, and the people who have the funds can make a donation if they wish, and those who don't have the funds, well they get a cool fun free game.

There is a little marketing to this too, as the game will be ported to iphone probably within a year, and the more people familiar with the game the better. It will probably sell for a couple of bucks for iphone.

But I really do want everyone to enjoy the game, I have been thinking about doing this for a while, just didn't get around to it. I have over 700 downloads of it on download.com, so its pretty popular, but most people downloading it are probably the kids without credit cards

So those are the main reasons why.

darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2009 04:45
Well it looks great, I am going to try it out. I think you should make like an add-on to it that costs a little bit.

dennisb
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2009 05:45
Forgot some things on my post :o

Screenshots:

Froggy Shoot Out is made with fpsc 1.09 using s4 mod

DarthBasicVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2009 17:27
I can't wait to try this one. GREAT!!

Riccardo
michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2009 19:56
try this game before i think was pretty cool and unique. i think it cool you are doing this for the kids.

more than what meets the eye
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Great as this is a good game.

Best s4real

dennisb
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2009 15:49 Edited at: 28th May 2009 15:49
Hi Folks

Funny thing. I was showing someone my game and they said hey theres the same game on the iphone. I was like whaaaaat??? and he says yeah frogs and all. So he shows me the game and there are certainly similarities but nothing that would make me think they stole the game. There aren't frogs, but green aliens that you shoot amongst various other things. I don't know when the game was made but my game documentation online began in May 2006. I wouldn't try to sue them or anything stupid, unless they had ripped my frogs right from my game or something. I just wrote them and asked if they had seen my game and were possibly influenced by it and if they could give me a mention somewhere. I know there's no ownership on cartoon western shoot up games, but take a look at the game and tell me what you think. I mean that saloon screenshot is incredibly similar to fso.

http://www.pangeasoft.net/billy/

Anyway, their game looks very cool. If you have an iphone I would check it out. It's a little pricey for an iphone game though, i think its like 15 bucks :o But looks like lots of fun, the kind of stuff I would have loved to do with froggy shoot out if I was able with fpsc.

dennisb
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2009 17:06
The owner of pangea software wrote me back, he never saw the game before, but he thought it looked neat. He said it would be cool on iphone. Seems like a nice guy. He said he did see a little similarity too. Guess there can be more than one person who loves cartoon westerns

GraPix
User Banned
Posted: 28th May 2009 19:26
yes, i can find some similarities between your game and their game. BTW, both of u loves western cartoons.

GraPix Entertainment
GraPix
User Banned
Posted: 28th May 2009 19:29
2nd screenshot looks gr8. (i like the lighting)

(@dennisb check ur email)

GraPix Entertainment
dennisb
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2009 21:09
Thanks Grapix, I sent you the files

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2009 08:57
I think that would have bought it, but I found this download just now! I heard thi before, but I didn't never got very into it. I looked at the screenies and the video, but I don't know. Downloading thought.

Work in progress thread: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=150106&b=25
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2009 15:36
Well, the game creations on this board are way less graphical ass the ones out of the german or the russian board. Therefore you guys have some really cool gameplay ideas.

I like this. Western Frogs...

Doomster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2009 14:22 Edited at: 6th Jun 2009 14:23
Quote: "We don't have EFX, that's why..."

MEAT doesn't use the graphical enhancements of efxMod either, except for the resolution (which is also changeable in the setup.ini).

So, it's not the Bloom, Water etc. that makes the Game looks great, it's all about your ability (textures, models, level design, decals etc).

efxMod does not change anything about your Skills.

Oh, and the game looks interesting, btw.

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2009 19:41 Edited at: 11th Jun 2009 18:50
[Mod Edit] a mod doesn`t improve your skills coffee grunt.

Its your design

Look at "Lifeless" or "Eldora".
Sorry, I hate it. You work hours on a game and then you present your result and people point everything on the efx -.-

@DJMaster: I try my best.

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2009 22:16
@ Doomster and Wolf

Lol, true, but let's admit, EFX sure does help make a game look good, I'm sorry if it sounded like I was saying your game only looked good because of EFX, Ithought it looked good and had it...

@djMaster

Yeh, it's common, I've heard five year olds say it, but meh, it's best to not say it on a forum...

"Give a man a fish, and he'll eat for a day. Give a man a fishing rod, and he'll break it up into firewood...or swap it for a fish."
-Frankie Boyle, on Mock the Week
The Fps Creator rocks!
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2009 23:31
X10 only?

I want a new computer!
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2009 00:00
Quote: "Lol, true, but let's admit, EFX sure does help make a game look good, I'm sorry if it sounded like I was saying your game only looked good because of EFX, Ithought it looked good and had it..."

Yeah, I agree. Sorry that I was so harsh, but I usually have a lot of people saying that I`m a Shaderwhore etc.

@dennisb: This horse is static, isn`t it?

_sYn_
Years of Service
User Offline
@dennisb: This horse is static, isn`t it?

No it´s animated

@dennisb: I like the game I never saw a singing frog in a ego-shooter before xD

dennisb
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2009 06:11
The fps creator, this is an x9 game with s4 mod. It may look x10 because I used the hud from x10.

Someday when I have time I will make the x10 frog game I want with plenty of pretty shaders for you all I do like shaders and effects too, but I had to make a lot of compromises to make this game have a decent fps. I don't see having time for this til next year though as I am working on a game in another engine for a client.

Yeah the horse is animated, and the horses bleed green then blow up when you shoot them.

Silver Eye Productions
User Banned
Posted: 12th Jun 2009 15:35
I completed the game, nice work dennisb!

I GOT BALLS OF STEEL!
dennisb
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2009 05:35
Thanks I'm glad folks are enjoying it. That's what its all about

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2009 23:11
I just noticed, that your a frog your self... AND! You need to kille very frog in the town... soo...

RQ Media
Years of Service
User Offline
still buggy
Clonehunter
Years of Service
User Offline
Now i noticed that me the player has green limbs... so am i like a lizard trying to take back lizard ville from the evil frogs?
JJB Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2009 07:33
lol, this game looks fun *downloading*

I AM LEGEND: THE VIDEO GAME
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=152828&b=25
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2009 02:28
Frog models are funny!

dennisb
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2009 23:00 Edited at: 6th Sep 2009 23:00
Froggy Shoot Out page is down for a few days. Please download the game here:

http://truesourceshop.com/fso/

Thanks.

Gremlin986
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2009 00:01
i played the game and i love it! i like most "entering saloon" part. and menu music is very cool.

dennisb
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2009 16:23
Thanks for the comments guys.

Yeah I was gonna put black gloves on the player so you don't know what he is. I will probably rebuild the game after the migration so I will do that then. I think it's better than froggy hands.

I realize the game still has some bugs, especially on save load feature. Hopefully this game will reach its full potential after migration.

Thanks to those who are playing, that makes me happy people are enjoying it

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2009 18:14
Quote: "I realize the game still has some bugs"

Was that a pun?
Gremlin986
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2009 23:42 Edited at: 14th Sep 2009 23:43
Jail part was hard. And a little bit scary... But i like hard games.

farmkid4
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2009 16:44
fun game i am having a little trouble in the jail though. you are right about young people not having credit cards it always bugs me when i want to play something but don't have a paypal account or credit card.
Club559
Years of Service
User Offline
I tried launching it and it says I need Direct X 9.0 or higher, but I do have Direct X 9.0

I hate the dang sucky games like these that won't even work

(Wow. I wasted 183 MB on my computer for nothing.)

If you're game is laughed at, don't be upset. You're game isn't bad, it's just that you're a beginner.
Club559
Years of Service
User Offline
Wait, nevermind about that last post, you said you made this with S4 mod? That mod gave me that same error once I tried it.

If you're game is laughed at, don't be upset. You're game isn't bad, it's just that you're a beginner.
Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2009 03:03
There are many versions of DirectX 9.0, so you probably need to update to the latest one.

Club559
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok, got it working, and I have to say that this is the best of the Best of the Best!

Just one thing, at the bank level, I had all the frogs killed (no doubt about it, I checked every room over and over again), but I still couldn't transition to the next level.

General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 14th Oct 2009 23:50
Wow!
Played it and loved it.
If you ever put it up for sale again, I'll definitely buy it.

dennisb
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2009 01:41
Thanks Folks

Not sure what happened in the bank level Club. I never had that happen. Did you kill the customer service girl too? Maybe a frog got stuck in a wall or something. Not sure.

Once I got to the end of the game and the sheriff was missing for some reason. I saved the reloaded the game and he was there after that. It only happened once and I played this game a lot so I don't know why.

Hopefully I will rebuild this game next year with lots of improvements, or I may just go on to make a sci-fi froggy shoot out game. Not sure yet.

dennisb
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2009 01:45
farmkid, the way to do the jail is approach each item slowly, and look out for those bats biting your ankles, they will kill you fast if you don't kill them fast. Go to each jail cell one by one, shoot fast, take cover, reload, then go out and shoot again. I even get killed on the jail sometimes, but with a little strategy you can get through it without getting killed at all.

General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 16th Oct 2009 02:50
I actually went into the files and deleted those durn bats.
And the frog sheriff was gone the first time I played, I was wondering what to do.
So I saved it, exited the game, a little later reloaded the game, and my sister said 'william, your getting shot at!'

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 13:22:38
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 13:22:38