Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / DM Grasslands - Huge outdoors Multiplayer map

Author
User Banned
Posted: 27th May 2009 13:06
DM - Grasslands

Hi all! Here I have a multiplayer map that i made today. The grass and tress sway like they are in the wind.

Weapons:
RPK
G22 (Spawn)
M700A Sniper Rifle
AKM (AK47)
M16
FN Scar
JSCS Breecher

Player Characters:
Commando

FPSC Version:
Project Blue 1.6, FPSC v1.14

Map Size:
Huge

FPS Rates:
Low Specs: 35fps
Med Specs: 30fps
High Specs: 28fps
Machine benchmark: 4gb ram, 8600GS 512mb vga, 2.2Ghz CPU

Screenshots:

Screen 1

Screen 2

Screen 3

Download: Coming soon!

thanks

If you mess with me, you are gonna get own3d!
Modeller, Texturer, Animator and of course... GAMER! Requests - EMAIL ME!
Zay333
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2009 14:02 Edited at: 27th May 2009 14:03
Look sweet
But maybe you should try geting rid of the black outline on the grass or just makeing it moregreenish.
Otherwise nice job.
Oh and how's the framerate??

What you see isn't always real....
GamerDude
User Banned
Posted: 27th May 2009 14:03
yes, i noticed that. its hard though, maybe later i might try

thanks

D0MINIK
Years of Service
User Offline
Cool, looks really great!!!

Maybe add a few more rocks?
Just a suggestion
GamerDude
User Banned
Posted: 28th May 2009 00:50 Edited at: 28th May 2009 00:51
Stuff that needs inprovement:

-Not a memblock ##### error (seen on both original FPSC, and on PBlue), slightly different error codes. Possibly caused by huge number of objects (1270, about 300 dynamic). maybe even a pickup.
-slight lag is some areas, all though its 25fps when it is doing this, thats 5 fps short. very valuable in multiplayer
-grass needs to work properly, it has either white, or black edges. when opened in paint.net, no edges are to be seen.

@DOMINIK: there are rocks, alot of them. lol

i mmight post a video of the start of the map so you can see the detail, and where the error starts.

thanks

SGJB
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2009 01:28
Looks really good, keep up the good work
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2009 08:18
I don't know why, maby I'm just insane or something, I like the black edges on the grass...

GamerDude
User Banned
Posted: 28th May 2009 08:37
This map is being re-made due to the Memblock error. So far, the new map has 2300 entities, and runs at 15fps on maximum. for now, it will be full. when im nearly done, ill delete some unneeded grass to gain some fps.

for those who want to know, its supposed to be set in the savanna. i know how to make dynamic entities in multiplayer, the grass is dynamic, so are the trees. im going to convert these to multiplayer and ill post the fpe's some time.

-cratec
-cylender a/b
-plank
-more

thanks

RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2009 17:15
Quote: "I don't know why, maby I'm just insane or something, I like the black edges on the grass..."

I thought the same thing lol.

Looks like a pretty good map. When you release it I'll be downloading it.
Coach Shogun 20
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2009 23:21
The black edges make it look like its cell shading (aka: cartoon shading) It'd be interesting if you could get the entire game that way.

General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 28th May 2009 23:46
I like the black edges too, its just, well, cool!
I love the map looks awesome!

He stood like a stone wall, not only in battle, but also for the Lord
GamerDude
User Banned
Posted: 29th May 2009 01:14
Thanks to you all, if you like this one, wait until you see the next one. It is a FULL map on FPSC. It needs some minor work done to it to optimise FPS rates, but then it will be great. So far, with the whole map covered with grass and vegetation, i get 15fps. Thats with 2400 objects. Maybe i can work out a LOD system,

but im still a bit noobish with coding, but from what i see, it is possible to disable objects out of a distance.

So far the new map has lots of hiding places, wether it is behind a rock, or sniping of a high cliff. Enev though it lags, it is still possible to actually play. Without project blue, this would not be possible.

@FredP Please unlock my thread, the 'not a memblock' error also happens on default FPSC. I forgot to state that.

thanks

GamerDude
User Banned
Posted: 3rd Jun 2009 13:43
some bad news....

Hi all, well, the story is that I was on my laptop at 9.45 at night and i got my laptop confiscated by my parents and it is now going in for repairs without ANY of my work being backed up. So, technically, all my models, games, other work, etc will be erased. I have asked my parents to get the laptop back, but they will refuse. Besides, my one option to back up all this work (80GB external HDD) got overloaded and burned out from this same laptop. So I may no longer be producing good games. I may not be able to enter any of the contests. This coule be the end of this unless i argue my laptop back, save up another $100 (at least 100GB) or so within 2 days, and back all my work up. Also on this laptop, many games and mods of which i no longer have the functional disks for (either damaged or scratched too badly). And i got blamed for that HDD failiure, when it was caused by an overload from this laptop, so my parents will not purchase a new one.

I may still come to these forums, but it depends if the internet stays connected.
thanks

Your signature has been erased by a mod because combined with the text it's taller than 600x120
Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
i use a lod system, thought you need 3 models to work with my lod system, + project blue

Nice screens mate

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-07 04:03:47
Your offset time is: 2024-05-07 04:03:47