Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / get dependency id

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2009 16:34 Edited at: 6th Jun 2009 16:38
can anyone confirm that this still works , because in my latest plugin i`m workin on it doesn`t seem to work anymore , it fails when i call the memblocks commands .

I am using the latest dbpro beta , mabey that has changed this.

thanks for any help chunks

nvidia geforce 9500gt + amd athlon 64
windows xp pro.
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2009 17:55
Nothing has changed as far as I'm aware.

Change your GetDependencyID to something like this and see what happens:

You should get each of the dependencies reported once during compile and once when your plug-in is loaded when you run your program.

Make sure you haven't broken the definition of EXPORT too.

chunks chunks
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2009 00:03
i get the message boxes popping up but it still crashes when i leave out the dummy memblock command in the dbpro source.

all the string tables fine and i have checked the dll to make sure they have been exported.

windows xp pro.
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2009 01:50
When you run the program and it crashes, do not close it. Instead, open an explorer window and navigate to the temp folder (XP or earlier: c:\Documents and Settings\<Your username>\Local Settings\Temp\dbpdata, Vista: C:\Users\<Your username>\AppData\Local\Temp\dbpdata) and see if the memblocks plug-in is in that directory - you may have several dbpdata folders, but pick the newest one and delete the rest.

If the dll is in that directory, then you aren't loading the dll properly. If it isn't then there's something else going on and I don't know what.

If you can post your code, then it'd be helpful. If not, then maybe you can put together a piece of code that shows the problem you are having.

chunks chunks
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2009 20:00 Edited at: 11th Jun 2009 21:31
still havin same problem , when i put the dummy memblock command in , all the dlls are stored into the temp folder & it works fine .

Anyway below is the function it crashes on and attaches is the dbpro commands header which i use to call the dbpro commands .

If you have some time any ideas how to reverse that function so i can make a bitmap from an image memblock .

sorry for the messy code i haven`t cleaned it up yet .

thanks chunks

windows xp pro.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2009 19:48
Really, I don't know what you are doing wrong, because I got it working in a new project on my first try.

Commands.cpp

Commands.rc

TestProg.dba

Without code - compilable and runnable code - there's no way to debug your problem. As I said, it doesn't have to be your actual plug-in code, but it must have the same problem as your plug-in code and it must be usable runnable code.

chunks chunks
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2009 13:49
thanks for your help , i ditched the dbcommands header and did it your way and it works fine now , although when i did the community functions dll , it worked fine calling all the commands ,i will have to investigate further maybe write another sdk for calling the dbpro commands , or is there any news on your sdk .

thanks Chunks

windows xp pro.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-16 13:17:01
Your offset time is: 2024-04-16 13:17:01