Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / Banshee are back with FROGGER

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2003 04:09 Edited at: 17th Aug 2003 05:13
After a short break we are back with our latest little offering done in just 12 development hours, Frogger set in a cartoon world with the cars logs and a load of other stuff.

click to start

w=forward
a d=left and right

http://www.bansheestudios.com

We will soon be updating our model section for you to use in your own games.

Nick Igoe
Andy Igoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2003 05:41
I realise since releasing it that I made a few mistakes in the last few compiles.

Starting a Game
You should be able to start the game by pressing a key, but my nifty 'empty the keyboard buffer to prevent a game ending and restarting strait away' routine has been called from the wrong place - it does work, just rather too well

Controls
Also it was my intention to support a wide-range of standard control layouts so everyone would feel at home, but I forgot.

Program Exit Bug
The program exiting bug did not happen at any point during writting the game and worked it's way in at the very last moment on the last compile after all testing was complete, i'm at a loss as to how exactly this happened and am currently looking for somebody to blame.

3rd Person View
This was never part of the program design, although I do have an animated version of the frog that could be used to make such a viewpoint however in cartoon-land the viewpoint of the world is constructed with playability in mind, whichever way I implement a 3rd person player model the scale is going to look wrong, also the point of collision is based at the point in space of the camera which would cause additional problems with the frogs body in respect to collision with objects in cartoon land.

Patch
I will release a patch to resolve the problems indicated.

Andy

Pneumatic Dryll
Ermes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2003 15:51
i'm glad to see banshee back! Download the game.

Free Download for a Free World
Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2003 17:38
Tried to download it, got the following error:

Account for domain bansheestudios.com has been suspended.

(or something like that)

Erk.. bandwidth bills?

Cheers,

Rich

"Gentlemen, we are about to short-circuit the Universe!"
New DBS Web Sites Coming Soon - All Change
Ermes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2003 18:27
yeah.... you're expired....

Free Download for a Free World
Andy Igoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2003 23:12
DOH! The really stupid thing is I cannot see how to actually pay the bill! Working on it.

Pneumatic Dryll
Andy Igoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2003 00:04
After writting a neutral email and getting a rude response I finally found the location of the online payment section for the webpage...

There is no button but instead you have to know the address of the billing system and as their lone email was missed amidst the spam I get I didn't know the link... Anyway, all back up and running again now.

Pneumatic Dryll

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 08:29:44
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 08:29:44