Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Discussion / Multisync and connecting outside LAN. I've read some of the other posts related...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm having the same old issue with on my LAN the client and server connect fine, yet outside the lan they won't connect. I have read and tried what has been suggested in other posts but am not having any luck at this. here's what I got:

Server:
nethost(100)
netsetport(3999)

Client:
netconnect("the extrenal IP here")

Port forwarding is enabled on the server PC and i checked that yes it is forwarding 4000 to the correct PC.

The server PC is not running any anti-virus/firewall software at this time. The PC at my parents house had it's anti-virus/firewall disabled as to prevent these issues >.>

Now when i run the client from a computer at a my parents house, it is not able to connect/find the server which is at my house.

Like I've said I've read about 20-30 posts specifically about multisync and this problem and I've tried several ideas and none are working.

Any help is appreciated at this point ^^
Nomad The Great
Years of Service
User Offline
quick edit, port is set to 4000 in the program and 4000 is forwarded for the server. not 399 as said
BN2 Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Not too knowledgeable about networking. You might have better luck on the Geek Culture board (but who knows, I have been wrong before)

Great Quote:
"Time...LINE??? Time isn't made out of lines...it is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round!" -Caboose
Caleb1994
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2009 07:10
are you using Call dll or do you have dbp? Just making sure you have the right board.

I'm with Bn2 though lol

New Site! Check it out \/
Latch
Years of Service
User Offline
@Nomad
Did you try contacting Benjamin Directly? He's the author of Multisync and should be able to point you in the right direction.

Enjoy your day.
Nomad The Great
Years of Service
User Offline
Oh I didn't realize he was the author lol, yea I'll PM him this then.

Yea I'm using Darkbasic classic 1.21 enhanced, I am callin the dll. Like I said it's callin it as it will work on LAN, but even with using the external Ip for the server correct port set and forwarded for the server, I can't connect to it across the net.
Latch
Years of Service
User Offline
Did you get any answers? If so it might be a good idea to post the setup and the soultion so others may benefit that follow behind.

Enjoy your day.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-20 10:56:06
Your offset time is: 2024-05-20 10:56:06