Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Discussion / Thinking about a video format converter...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have this problem. Since I got a zune, the video formats that it accepts are all BUT what I have. The only video converter I have been able to use thus far is Windows Movie Maker, which is akin to bringing a faulty machine gun to a knife fight. Overkill and overbloated (I don't care too much for most Microsoft programs). My problem is that I haven't been able to find a free video converter to the formats I need from the formats I have.

So, my solution: make my own. What I need to know, though is anything about video data formatting. Since there is no SAVE ANIMATION command, nor is there a MAKE MEMBLOCK FROM ANIMATION command, I will need to manually (and blindly) take the data, and then create a new file with the same data, but in a new format. Since I don't know much about how video data is stored in a file, I was wondering if there is anyone out there that does.

Great Quote:
"Time...LINE??? Time isn't made out of lines...it is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round!" -Caboose
spt games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2009 05:54 Edited at: 10th Jun 2009 05:56
Hello BN2 Productions. Have you tried SUPER? Sure it has an annoying download site and its a little bit slow to start up, but the converters behind the iffy front-end work OK. It should allow you to convert to Zune compatible WMV or Zune compatible MP4.

Download from: www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html

If you need to learn about video formats, you might find some info on: Wotsits Format.
Caleb1994
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2009 07:04
or WIKI they have stuff about the formats, i looked up MP3 format a while back.

New Site! Check it out \/
Latch
Years of Service
User Offline
Or perhaps if you don't mind getting your hands a little dirty with the command line:

mplayer/mencoder

and/or

ffmpeg

Three necessary tools in my opinion if you are going to do anything with media. Used to use them in GNU/Linux all the time, but there are binaries and ports for Windows.

In fact, using mencoder, I made a movie maker with DBC that outputs the 3d view to AVI.

Enjoy your day.
Latch
Years of Service
User Offline
any success?

Enjoy your day.
BN2 Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
I haven't had too much chance lately to do the research. I will let you know though when/if I make any progress with it.

Great Quote:
"Time...LINE??? Time isn't made out of lines...it is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round!" -Caboose

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-20 12:37:12
Your offset time is: 2024-05-20 12:37:12