Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Discussion / curving ramp

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2009 08:09
ok im going to come right out and say it, im making my version of skee-ball for the DBC challenge

my idea is for the player to be able to adjust the ramp size

I need a way to create a series of slowly angling plains that will simulate a curve upwards

say the ramp size is 30, then at the end of the straight-away are 3 plains, each rotated 10 degrees more upwards than the last, with connecting endpoints

how would i go about creating such an effect?

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who dont
Raybrite2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2009 09:01
I think I have seen something like this in math classes a long time ago. They follow the function of a square of a number (probably one of the variables). That should give you an ever increasing slope to a line.
Maybe this will give you some idea of a way to go.
(You also know that I don't know much about programming, just a bit about math.)
That1Smart Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2009 19:00
i found a way to make it work in 2d:

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who dont

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-20 12:03:02
Your offset time is: 2024-05-20 12:03:02