Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Discussion / texturing help!!!!!!!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2009 21:26
i need help texturing stuff in darkbasic. strangley, when i upload a 3d directX file i made in wings 3d, it seems to blend the colors of the image together and then color my 3d model with that color. however, when i use sample directx flies that came with the directx sdk, it works fine.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME?

(do you need more information?)

*´¨;
¸.•´¸.•*´¨; ¸.•*¨;
(¸.•´ (¸.Eviljackson1
BN2 Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
I ran into that problem a LONG time ago. I think it has to do with not being skinned correctly (not having a valid UV map). It isn't something you can fix through DBC, just your modeling program.

Great Quote:
"Time...LINE??? Time isn't made out of lines...it is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round!" -Caboose
Latch
Years of Service
User Offline
@Eviljackson1

Also make sure the images you are using for your file are .bmp (not jpegs or pngs etc) and the names are no more than 8 characters long (8.3 format). For example my_image.bmp

DBC is based on DirectX 7 and it is subject to some of the DOS limitations of it's day. You can sometimes get away with 3d models not having these specifications of the textures, but to be sure, always use textures that match those specs.

Enjoy your day.
Inflictive
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2009 06:34
ya i know it's got to be a bitmap and everything i just need someone who can tell me what to do in wings 3d to make it work.

thank you.

*´¨;
¸.•´¸.•*´¨; ¸.•*¨;
(¸.•´ (¸.Eviljackson1

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-20 10:55:46
Your offset time is: 2024-05-20 10:55:46