Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Discussion / Won't work on vista

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2009 13:50
I tried to run Darkbasic Classic on my vista computer and an error message came up when I tried to load the program. The message said something about a DLL it couldn't find.
It must be a system DLL because the same message comes up on 3D Gamemaker.
Can somebody help me?

If I were you, I'd make a game...
BN2 Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Its been asked. Its been answered. A LOT. Use the search or use the STICKY labeled VISTA and D3DRM.DLL

Great Quote:
"Time...LINE??? Time isn't made out of lines...it is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round!" -Caboose
TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2009 19:52 Edited at: 27th Jun 2009 19:52
I have attached the dll on my post, just click the red download button on the bottom right of my post.

Then place it in c:windowssystem folder (it may be system32, try both and see which works) and then it will work.

But from now on, please search for answers before you ask.

TheComet

Make the path of your enemies easier with Waypoint Pro!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
arbiter chewbacca hybrid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2009 23:38 Edited at: 27th Jun 2009 23:39
I had the same problem after I installed vista on my computer that dll got deleted and DB stopped working and I just googled D3DRM.DLL FREE DOWNLOAD...

I don't see why its that hard?

Edit: don't take this offensivly but there is simply no other way for me to put it.

Vista is a paradox created by Bill Gates to force the noble pc gamers of america to console I am here to change that. [link]www.kdlproductions.webs.com[link]
Bloder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2009 00:44
Sorry

If I were you, I'd make a game...
BN2 Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Sorry"

Don't worry about it, I just sounded mad cause I was in a bad mood and tired (was going on 20 hours awake).

For future reference though, if DBC doesn't work for you, it PROBABLY hasn't worked in the same way for someone else. At least read through the stickies just to make sure.

Great Quote:
"Time...LINE??? Time isn't made out of lines...it is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round!" -Caboose
arbiter chewbacca hybrid
Years of Service
User Offline
But basically what i'm sayibg is they just made a new sticky about having the right dll.s and having media in the right folder(my problem lol).

Vista is a paradox created by Bill Gates to force the noble pc gamers of america to console I am here to change that. [link]www.kdlproductions.webs.com[link]

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-20 11:40:15
Your offset time is: 2024-05-20 11:40:15