Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Discussion / Question about d3drm.dll

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
My friend has windows vista and I was wondering if I could use the d3drm.dll from my windows xp instead of downloading one from the internet, just to make sure there are no viruses.

Thanks in advance.
BN2 Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
yes

Great Quote:
"Time...LINE??? Time isn't made out of lines...it is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round!" -Caboose
Robert The Robot
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2009 17:31
The d3drm.dll is the d3drm.dll. It doesn't matter where it comes from, DBC will be able to use it.

(DBC being an 'older' language means that Windows have dropped support for the Direct 3D Retained Mode. The d3drm.dll won't be modified/updated any more, hence I think that wherever you took it from it'll be the latest and final version.)

Just rememeber - if you don't want to fiddle with your system folders in Windows, you can simply place the dll with the DB.exe file (C:\Program Files\Dark Basic Software\DarkBasic" if you used the default install path) or place a copy in the smae folder as any exe created with DBC.

"I wish I was a spaceman, the fastest guy alive. I'd fly you round the universe, in Fireball XL5..."
Hk47
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks everyone.
arbiter chewbacca hybrid
Years of Service
User Offline
When are they updating DB so that it dosn't need that dll?

Vista is a paradox created by Bill Gates to force the noble pc gamers of america to console I am here to change that. [link]www.kdlproductions.webs.com[link]
TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2009 22:12
DBC is obsolete as far as I know. TGC won't support it anymore and therefore there won't be anymore upgrades, sadly...

TheComet

Make the path of your enemies easier with Waypoint Pro!
TDK
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2009 02:09
I wouldn't rule out any more updates entirely... any that do come along just wouldn't be done by The Game Creators.

But, I agree, it is unlikely we will see any more.

TDK

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-20 12:23:40
Your offset time is: 2024-05-20 12:23:40