Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Discussion / DarkBASIC Trial

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2009 08:09 Edited at: 28th Jun 2009 08:10
I have been trying to find a DarkBASIC Trial for a little while without any luck. There are some versions but they are either virus infested or not new at all. I was wondering if anyone on these forums happened to know where I can find a updated, virus free trial of DBC. Hopefully you guys might know but I guess I can just keep on searching until I find one.

The only thing constant in life is CHANGE.
Dark Dragon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2009 01:55
Did you try finding it on www.Darkbasic.com?
No, seriosly....
theres a trail of db on there.....just find the tab that says "Downloads" and click that. i know a menu will come up saying UPGRADES, but click downloads and it'll be there.

Your signature has been erased by a mod because it was too big.CHANGE IT OR DIE!!!!!
pictionaryjr
Years of Service
User Offline
@Dark Dragon
The trial version for DBC is no longer available, well atm anyways. Even if you do that. When you go to the page it says:

Quote: "Trial Version Download
The trial version is currently unavailable for download."
AcP2142
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2009 07:33
Yes I did Dark Dragon and I had the same outcome as pictionary had. That is the reason for the thread.

arbiter chewbacca hybrid
Years of Service
User Offline
Well they stopped making the trial a long time ago so that means that there is no updated version.

Vista is a paradox created by Bill Gates to force the noble pc gamers of america to console I am here to change that. [link]www.kdlproductions.webs.com[link]
TDK
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2009 01:24 Edited at: 30th Jun 2009 01:24
Are you saying you can't find any trial version of DBC or that you can only find old versions.

If it's the latter then you are out of luck because, as has already been said, DBC is more or less obsolete now and they've not produced a demo version for a while.

The latest demo version I have is V1.13 (Dark Basic Lite).

I could put it in the downloads section of my web site if it's of any use to you.

TDK_Man

Daniel TGC
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2009 04:35
DarkBASIC Classic stopped development in 2002, you're better off grabbing the DarkBASIC Professional Trial instead. It's using modern technologies based on Direct X 9.0c if you hope to keep your software working on Vista, and the upcoming windows 7, is better to go for the language that is currently still reguarly receiving upgrades and bug fixes.

Brick Break
User Banned
Posted: 30th Jun 2009 04:39
Thanks for the advertisement, Daniel. I'm sure he got out his checkbook just reading that.

Permanoobs are awesome.
Daniel TGC
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2009 04:46
lol brick break. It's the advice I offer to anyone. DarkBASIC Professional offers alot of benefits over DarkBASIC Classic, and it's no harder to use.

AcP2142
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2009 08:36
ok. well i am not sure. also it was just that i couldn't find any new version of the trial. I found the 1.13 Lite version but I thought that there was probably a newer one. Thanks for replying though.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-20 09:26:49
Your offset time is: 2024-05-20 09:26:49