Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / Rock Paper Scissors! [Minigame]

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2009 12:56 Edited at: 28th Jun 2009 13:03
Here's a little rock paper scissors game i made. Please tell me what you think and what i could do better for V2.

Screenies:
Screen 1
Screen 2
Screen 3

What the special part about this game is that when in AI mode, it uses tactisc to defeat you, which you can see on this website: http://www.weebls-stuff.com/articles/759/rock-paper-scissors-a-handy-guide

What i'm planning to do better for V2:

-More AI Techniques
-AI that recognizes patterns (like when you do 2 times scissors it chooses stone, cause thats a RPS Technique)
-Sound
-3D models
-Better choosing mechanism (for gestures)
-Better graphics, since these are generated by the game.

You need at least a screen resolution of 1024X768 to play this game good.

Download Included

Attachments

Login to view attachments
feiting shadow
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey, did you code your own menu or use mine? I just noticed it works the same way mine does, lol.

It's smooth. It runs. No complaints on gameplay...

Also your moving text, that's pretty neat. Was that an image or plugin or did you write your own text to say "Paper" and move to the Y coordinate of the mouse?

I did notice the transparent rock cube being a bit odd... I was like "what is that? oh, rock..." Maybe bump-mapping a sphere with a rock texture would be easier to get.

But graphics weren't the point, I noticed, so I'm not gonna critique that beyond the confusing part. Nicely done and simple. Howabout redoing the gfx and trying to make it "stand out"? It'd be a fun exercise, and since there's only a few needed graphics, should take less than a few days.

Signed
------
bobbel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2009 09:50 Edited at: 29th Jun 2009 09:50
Thanks for the feedback! yes, the only thing it needs more are some models for the gestures and some shaders. I made the menu myself, funny it works the same in oyur game :p. And i did the paper thing this way:

if you don't understand something feel free to ask

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 19:22:54
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 19:22:54