Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Discussion / DarkPro's - What do you think?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2009 19:27 Edited at: 29th Jun 2009 19:29
Hi there!

As you all know, there is a group called "DarkNOOBS". It is specifically designed for "noobs", or people that are new to DarkBasic, and doesn't only let these people learn something about DarkBasic, but also lets them develop their social skills in working together on a project.

I would like to join a group like this, but I don't think I am new to DarkBasic and need help in learning it. So I thought it would be good to make a ranking system. A newbie should join the DarkNOOBS team, and when he/she feels ready, he/she can go on to the DarkPro's team, or start making his/her own games.

So the DarkPro team would be the more advanced programmers.

There could even be a middle stage or something, I don't know.

Anyway, that is my proposal. Anyone that thinks a DarkPro team should be created, can volunteer in this thread. If you're against it, that's fine with me too, just state your reason(s).

I think I remember a thread to do with this, it was called "DarkADVANCED" made by arbiter Chewbacca hybrid. It wasn't that successful, I hope this is.

Awaiting your answers!

TheComet

Make the path of your enemies easier with Waypoint Pro!
Brick Break
User Banned
Posted: 29th Jun 2009 20:15
I'm in. I'm a pro.

Permanoobs are awesome.
BMacZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2009 21:13 Edited at: 29th Jun 2009 21:15
I think the reason the new programmers join the DarkNOOBs team is that they have enough experience with the language to make a game on their own, and want to learn more by working with others first. Most advanced programmers have their own projects that they want to work on, and they wouldn't be so willing to work on an idea that they may or may not be interested in.

Although evidently there are some that are willing, we'll see how many of them there are.

Diggsey: I have a spine and memory, but one memorable guy says he hates me. What am I?
Brick Break
User Banned
Posted: 29th Jun 2009 21:39
Wait- I changed I mind- I remembered I'm helping on two or three other projects, plus my own. Sorry, guys. The reason I help is because I expect the same support for my own projects.

Permanoobs are awesome.
Dark Dragon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2009 21:42

I'd join if I didn't consider myself a noob.

Lol, anyways, a ranking system? what exactly do you mean?

Your signature has been erased by a mod because it was too big.CHANGE IT OR DIE!!!!!
TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2009 21:52
Quote: "I think the reason the new programmers join the DarkNOOBs team is that they have enough experience with the language to make a game on their own, and want to learn more by working with others first. Most advanced programmers have their own projects that they want to work on, and they wouldn't be so willing to work on an idea that they may or may not be interested in.

Although evidently there are some that are willing, we'll see how many of them there are."

Entirely true. But if you could put together 3 advanced programmers (or more), amazing results would come out. You could probably make a game good enough to be sold. Not that that is what I'm planning, no. I also want to see what it's like to be working with other advanced programmers, because no one near where I live can program. The feeling you get when you complete a project is great. But what would that feeling be like if you complete a project with a team?

As you said, I'll wait and see how far this goes.

Quote: "Wait- I changed I mind- I remembered I'm helping on two or three other projects, plus my own. Sorry, guys. The reason I help is because I expect the same support for my own projects."

That's fine, Brick Break! Good luck!

TheComet

Brick Break
User Banned
Posted: 29th Jun 2009 21:55
Aww, thanks TheComet. This seems to be the only section in the TGC forums without flamers lol. Yeah, if you could get some people on the team, we'd see real results.

Permanoobs are awesome.
That1Smart Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2009 00:01
ud have to ask a mod but I think theres some rule about you cant have team requests on here unless blah blah blah....

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who dont
TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2009 00:09
Quote: "ud have to ask a mod but I think theres some rule about you cant have team requests on here unless blah blah blah...."

Yes, there is a rule. But this isn't really a team request. I am just suggesting to make a group for the more advanced programmers, just like DarkNOOBS.

TheComet

Dragon Knight
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2009 00:57
hmm they should have dark lessons or something. For advanced users, a step by step set of examples showing new / old pixel mining tricks of the trade.

I think they have something like this in the newsletter once every month?

I'd be happy to give information i've gotten over the years of programming, but I'd be just a bit unsure of what people would want to know.

Daniel TGC
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2009 04:53 Edited at: 30th Jun 2009 04:54
I think once you get up to the talanted professional area of the community you'll end up with alot of guys pulling in different directions. Novice users need to band together sometimes, to learn from each other. But as they become well versed in the language, you'll almost certainly find them fixed on their own goals.

And to be fair, most guys at that level spend a fair amount of time answering posts on the forums, helping to get other people up to speed in a wide range of area's.

BN2 Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "ud have to ask a mod but I think theres some rule about you cant have team requests on here unless blah blah blah...."

I don't know if this would specifically be the same as a team request. It seems more like a thread to gauge interest to CREATE a team, much like NOOBS Wanted was in the beginning.

Great Quote:
"Time...LINE??? Time isn't made out of lines...it is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round!" -Caboose
feiting shadow
Years of Service
User Offline
With Pro's you might run into the too many cooks issue. Why not have people volunteer for design, modelling, code, even animation. With a good grasp of header files, even more coders can join.

My 2D space game's engine is written such that, if I just sat down and made a youtube video, I could tell you guys where to add 3 lines of code to make entirely new ships and such... my 3D engine (unfindable) is already to that stage... but I would love it if I could grasp dba headers, since I keep wanting to use C style, which doesn't work.

Just a suggestion. I'm too busy to join too, but it is what Omen's doing and (when we show) works out ok.

Signed
------
Latch
Years of Service
User Offline
I was just looking at this. It seems like a good idea. The possible problems have been mentioned earlier in the thread. TheComet, have you thought about a specific project that could be worked on? The biggest challenge might be the organization. I can see the "too many cooks" problem coming up. But if anyone that was involved was given a very specific task and was committed to that task only, something might be able to get done. It would definately be a challenge!

Enjoy your day.
That1Smart Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2009 06:01
are we seriously reopening this idea?

we already have a team project going on with hardly anyone in it, we barely have enough people in the other project, and u want to try and get a SECOND team project going on this board?

Libervurto
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2009 10:12
Quote: "we already have a team project going on with hardly anyone in it, we barely have enough people in the other project, and u want to try and get a SECOND team project going on this board?"

That is for beginners though.

I like this idea, it would be cool to get everyone on the board involved and show the DBP crowd what we can do
Does anyone have a project that they've planned out and done some work on but that's quite ambitious for one person? Maybe we could help out and see if we can work together.

Seriously guys we could make an awesome game, we have quite an array of talents on here .

TGC Forum - converting error messages into sarcasm since 2002.
TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2009 14:29
The least I expected is this thread popping up again...

I'm glad some people on here want to try something, I'd be delighted to work on something and organize a team.

I don't have any idea what we should work on, but I don't want to work on an fps. Those are boring. I am more into 3rd person RPG's, and they are the most challenging to create. What do you think?

First of all, who is joining? Just post a "yes, I'm joining" or "I'm going in" or something so I know who is willing to participate.

Next we will make a storyline and I'll start organizing the parts to do.

TheComet

Make the paths of your enemies easier with WaypointPro!
Dark Dragon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2009 15:16
Quote: "Quote: "we already have a team project going on with hardly anyone in it, we barely have enough people in the other project, and u want to try and get a SECOND team project going on this board?"
That is for beginners though."

LOL! PWNED!!!

Quote: "I like this idea, it would be cool to get everyone on the board involved and show the DBP crowd what we can do "

NOW
I like this idea........ jk.

If i'm Not a noob(am I? I serouisly dunno.....) I'm in!

Quote: " I am more into 3rd person RPG's, and they are the most challenging to create. What do you think?"

I THINK YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I've got a neat scripting system we can use to keep tract of Weapons and equipment(and others.....) .

(\__/) HHAHAHAHAHAH!
(O.o ) / WORLD DOMINATION!!!!!!!!!!
(> < )
Libervurto
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2009 20:40
I'm joining.
If we get some of the more experienced guys on board I'm happy to do boring stuff like menus (but I will make menus cool ).

That1Smart Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2009 00:14
im game, if I qualify as a pro lol

now that school has started I wont have as much time to code, but Ill try and do some

TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2009 18:25 Edited at: 21st Aug 2009 19:02
Team Members

OK, so the following people are in the team:

-DD
-Obese87
-That1Smart Guy

More can come, and others can go on the long vicious path to victory over the DBP people.

I welcome all pro programmers into the DarkPRO team.

Game Style

We still need to agree on what we are making. So so far, we are making:

-3rd person RPG adventure game.

My questions to you all are:

-Game name?
-Character name?
-Blood?
-What should the main character be?
-What moves should the main character have?
-What role should the main character play in the game?
-Thoughts to the storyline.
-Weapons?
-Objectives?
-Style?

I vote:

-I don't know what to call the game or the character yet
-Yes to blood
-I think the character should be some type of animal, maybe something that hasn't been done before. A koala? Kangaroo? Platypus?
-Moves should be jump, punch/hit, crouch, high jump/backflip, a second jump in the air, helicopter in the air, maybe a long jump, climb, dive, fast swim, slow swim, die, drown, impact and some sort of super attack.
-I don't know what role should be played yet
-I suck at storylines
-Weapons : bazooka (boom!), rifle, sniper, shotgun, bombs.
-Objectives are a mix between puzzle and skill.
-The game style should be realistic, but yet involve some unrealistic things(like the main character, he is an animal).

Need to be done in near future

OK, so here is a list of what the game is going to have implemented into it:

-Bone Animation. If zzz can do it, we can do it. A great way to show that DBC is more superior than DBP. There are two ways to do this. The first way is we need someone that understands how the .X format works with bone animation, and can convert the frames in the X file to vertex manipulation memblock functions. Anyone out there that understands and wants to be part of it, please post here or e-mail me with the e-mail button at the bottom of my post.

The other way is to not read the animation from the X file, rather load a static model into a mesh memblock and animate it with code. If this is the case, I volunteer for that.

-Lock points. I am not sure what you actually call them, but for now they are lock points. They are points positioned in 3D space so you can lock an objects angle to it. For example, I have the main character walking along through a dungeon, and on the right there is a lifeless skeleton lying on the ground. You could position a lock point at that skeleton, and as the player walks past, it's head will rotate towards the skeleton as it gets in range, so the main character looks at the skeleton while it walks past it. This gives a good feeling to the game.

-Waypoints. Every good game uses waypoints, so we will also use them. I am hoping my waypoint plugin(my sig) will be ready by the time we need it, if not, it wont be that hard to do without a plugin, just a bit messy.

-Light mapping. This can be done with Blender as Latch showed me with his great tutorial. It gives a very realistic feel to the game.

-Menu. We of course need a good menu. I prefer 3D menus like in Conker, but whoever gets the task can do it how they like. It just has to fit in with the style of the game, which we haven't yet declared.

-Maths DLL. Since DBC maths are REALLY slow, I will make a DLL specific for maths. I noticed maths using DLL's are exactly 49571 times faster on my computer.

-Joystick, Joypad, Mouse and Keyboard Plugin. We will need a program so the user can configure their controls how they like using any joystick or joypad, mouse or keyboard. The devices used should be able to be mixed, so the user can set the jump button on his joystick, the walk with the mouse and the punch with the keyboard. At later stages we may include Xbox360 and WII configurations, but we will leave that out for now.

The program should save the configuration to a file, and should be loaded into the main game. Whoever gets this task must write a function, like "Button_Pressed(device$,button)". So if I want to see if joystick button 3 is pressed, I'd write "If Button_Pressed("Speed-link 2.0v392-d dev 39021-847",3)=1 then blabla". Of course you will also have to include sliders, twists, all axises, and hat angles.

These are the points for now.

Our next goal

The first goal is going to be to get the main character animated using vertex manipulation. Our goal is to have a character walk around using the joystick plugin, with all animations. No landscape, just a simple character walking around. This consists of the following points:

-Bone animation
-Joystick, Joypad, Mouse and Keyboard Plugin

I'm sure one of you can take the Joystick config. If no one wants the bone animation, you can split up these points between yourselves:

-Lock point editor ---> Make an editor to position points in 3D space
-Menu ---> How should the menu be built, what should be included etc. We do not know yet what the game style is, so you can not really start making the menu yet.

If you want to do a point, please volunteer here.

I will be programming the maths DLL.

TheComet

Latch
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "3rd person RPG adventure game."

This type of endeavor would require a very committed team (or individual). Would it make more sense to try something a little smaller that might actually get done? Like space invaders? What about expanding one of the demos like monster hunt to include maybe, different environments, different weapons, more monsters? Or even tearing apart the source for MagicWorld and rebuilding it to take advantage of DBC 1.20 with better camera, object, and menu control?

Enjoy your day.
TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2009 20:00
I would have loved to make an RPG... It depends on what others want to do. I am quite committed.

Although, you give me an idea, Latch!

How about we make a 3D version of this game:

circle wars

What I have in mind are robots like these (Just modeled a quick model):

They would walk around on a battle field, carrying a big, blue juicy mass or liquid on their back (the crane thingy in the picture) and the aim of the game is to suck that juice out of other players and fill your own bubble with it.

Of course, all points mentioned above still apply to this idea.

Has anyone else got any ideas they would like to work on? Or a project of their own that you would like to finish, as someone mentioned earlier?

TheComet

That1Smart Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2009 23:45
I like the idea, but I wa kinda thinking something along the lines of an FPS, i would love to see how one would be made in DBC

Libervurto
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2009 00:19
Even if we get people like Latch and TDK to join I still wouldn't try to do an rpg, we've got to figure out how to run a team properly first with a smaller project like DarkNoobs has done.
I don't think we should call the team DarkPros because that's too much like Dark Basic Pro. We should be called Classic Games or something. The name doesn't really matter at this point.
I'd like to get everyone involved in this and really make it a DBC community thing.

TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2009 00:43
Obese is right, so we will start with something simple. FPS?

TheComet

That1Smart Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2009 01:57
yes!!!!

this will give me a chance to put my modelling practice to use!!

im not a stellar modeller and not much of a texturing guy, but this should help me learn!!!

Latch
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2009 06:26 Edited at: 22nd Aug 2009 06:27
An fps doesn't sound too bad - it just so happens I was playing one with my friend's son. The premise was very simple. It was a mini game in Call of Duty I think. Basically, there are two rooms of a house and about 6 or 7 windows as points of entry total. Zombies try to get in through different windows. You run from window to window and shoot zombies before they get in. The zombies also tear away boards at each window (giving you time to get to the window). Once the zombies are killed at a particular window, you can board up the window, but that takes a little bit of time. If the zombies get in, you can still kill them if they don't all gang up on you from multiple directions! Each round, the difficulty increases with more zombies. It was quite fun and got quite frantic!

This seems quite possible to put together fairly quickly because the environment is set and doesn't change. The main challenges would be the Zombie AI, the animation, the tearing down and rebuilding of the boards on the windows, the collision, and the gun use/firing. Of course, good artwork in terms of textures and modeling would be a challenge, but the mechanics of the game should probably come first. Multiplayer makes it more fun, but that could also come later.

Enjoy your day.
That1Smart Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2009 06:34
dude, thats nazi zombies, its freakin awesome and everyone knows about it, you really dont need to explain it lol

Libervurto
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2009 07:28
Nazi Zombies is cool and a great suggestion for our game.
To be honest Latch I didn't think you were old enough to have friends' sons playing Call of Duty!
I think we should give it a different setting though, it could be anything from medieval to wild west...

I'll start listing what I think we need and everyone can throw in their two cents.

Barricade
There needs to be a location to defend from, this location requires:
* Multiple entry points
* Destructible defenses that can be re-built
* Unlockable areas that provide both advantages and disadvantages.
* Special items that need to be activated before use (eg a gatling gun that needs to be mounted) that give great benefit but take a while to activate. Players will have to cover their friend as he activates the item.

Enemies
* Several types (eg fast, long range, armoured)
* Preference to unguarded or exposed entrances

Scenery
Plenty of jobs for those not central to the coding of the game.

Tired now, no more thinking for today...

Latch
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2009 11:56 Edited at: 28th Aug 2009 23:43
Quote: "To be honest Latch I didn't think you were old enough to have friends' sons playing Call of Duty!"

That's what I thought, until my back started aching when it's about to rain! Don't worry, I'm mentally locked at 5 years old.

Quote: "medieval to wild west"

How about an old farm? There could be a main house, and a barn. If one dares, they can run between them out in the open. Maybe the weapons stash is in the barn, but the house is the best place to be baricaded in and an occasional trip to the barn may be necessary to grab weapons and ammo to bring to the house. The weapons might include things like shotguns, hunting rifles, hand guns, farm tools - like a scythe to lop off the head of an enemy in one attack, even molotov cocktails.

Zombies work well as enemies as they are mindless and relentless - and that would help cut down on the AI if they aren't trying to dodge for cover.

And I'd like to see how far this can go with just using DBC commands (and external media). If we can avoid using DLLs, that would keep everyone on the same page with the same set of tools. And it should make everyone put on their optimization caps to at least try and come up with alternative solutions to tricky problems. If there doesn't seem to be any way around using a DLL for something, then use one.

Enjoy your day.
TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2009 12:22 Edited at: 22nd Aug 2009 12:22
Zombies have been done before... I have always liked jungles. How about an old Aztec temple in the jungle, and possessed squirrels and monkeys are attacking the temple and trying to steal the Statue Of Doom to destroy the humans...

Of course you can fight inside and outside of the temple, and as barricades we can board up the cracks in the temple or dig traps in the ground.

That is my idea.

TheComet

That1Smart Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2009 17:03
sounds cheesy comet, but ur right ombies are kinda overdone so a new idea may be needed

pictionaryjr
Years of Service
User Offline
First off if you guys are going to start a team like this you can't just let anybody who thinks they're a pro join.you'll haveto set up an entry challenge like the darknoobs have except that takes more skill but not much time like an online pong game or something. Also you'd all have to collaberate on a game that everyone agrees on otherwise people will most likely quit. Then come up with a good game design plan split into sections for each person to work on.if you guys can get all that done then you should be ok.
What I would recommend to get the team really started is set up a pro's started thread. Once you get the team together start another thread for the game.
Dark Dragon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2009 21:32
An FPS?!?! Sounds.................well cool!

Okay, well...... Now that i've made the team (OMG! IM A PRO?!?!? NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!)

I Think a FPS in a Jungle sounds totally cool!

(\__/) HHAHAHAHAHAH!
(O.o ) / WORLD DOMINATION!!!!!!!!!!
(> < )
TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2009 22:10
@ pictionaryjr

The challenge would have to include 2D, 3D, maths, animation, camera, light, memblock, matrix, collision, input, output, file, sound/music, multiplayer and system commands, which is obviously too much. I think the only way you can see if someone is a pro is to see how they do in the team.

On the other hand, I could make a small challenge... How about this:

Platform challenge

Make a 3D platformer game. The aim is to start at the bottom and jump up on platforms to reach the goal.

The game must have:

-a Matrix as a ground
-2 Players using split screen
-platforms
-player
-3rd person view
-3 levels
-save states (save at any position in-game, all gamesave file data saved to 1 file, there should be 3 possible files to play from)
-jump sound/walk sound
-music
-health bar (If you drop from great heights, you receive damage)

This covers almost everything except animation, system and light, and maybe math commands.

What do you think? Or should we just start a project and see how it goes?

Team Name

We also need to decide what name our team should have. It doesn't have to have "dark" in it or "pro"... It could be something like "Toasted Cheese Team"? lol, had to laugh at that...

TheComet

That1Smart Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2009 22:25
i like the challenge except for one thing, the audio as a requirement

in the team, everyone wont be making audio, so why have us make it to join the team?

I say audio should be optional

TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2009 23:03
You don't have to make the audio yourself. Just include it into the game.

TheComet

pictionaryjr
Years of Service
User Offline
@comet
Pong was just a suggestion I posted because it could be versatile (2D or 3D) and still not take much time. The reason I added online is because getting multiplayer to work is something only more experienced people can do.I thought it made a good suggestion because it wasn't time consuming but it was challenging.
Libervurto
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2009 05:11 Edited at: 23rd Aug 2009 05:15
The DarkNoobs example program is just for new coders whom the leader doesn't know, the purpose is to assess their skill. Since we already know the skill of everyone who will work on this there's no need for a test.

We don't need everyone to be super-awesome coders. There are loads of jobs for less experienced people, but I think a solid grasp of most commands is essential. We can have people doing random jobs like writing the code for spinning the weather vane on top of the barn (using latch's idea), little touches people can add that will make the game look more professional.
I've mentioned this a few times on the forums but there was a guy in the credits for Brothers In Arms: Hell's Highway whose only job was to animate the sheep and cows.

@Latch
Are you on board?
I like the idea of having to take risks to gain resources...

t10dimensional
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2009 05:23 Edited at: 3rd Sep 2009 20:30
How about to join the team you must summit a program of any kind that you did by yourself.It would show his skills while they don't have to work on a time comsumeing program.Anyways your see if there fit for the team when you give them a job to do.

A good game is one percent inspiration, ninety-nine percent perspiration.
Libervurto
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2009 05:32
Good idea, everone who wants to join the team has to enter this week's DBC challenge!
Let's all enter and get into the coding rhythm.
I'm currently re-planning my entry because I'd only done the basics and was already getting 2fps!

Latch
Years of Service
User Offline
A test doesn't seem necessary in my opinion. Hopefully, if someone joins in on a project they will want to contribute and hopefully they would be committed to see the project through to the end even if their assigned tasks are boring. If they can't complete a task then they can't complete a task. The only payoff is the completion of the project.

As far as the FPS, it doesn't have to be Zombies. There was a robot looking spider that TheComet posted a picture of. If we used robot type creatures or jointed limbed insect like things, then that type of model and animation would lend itself nicely to DBC. The theme could even be a crashed spaceship where the openings to baricade could be the cracks in the hull. Robot like or insect like aliens attack the intruder. For the jungle ruin theme that TheComet suggested, the enemy could be giant ants (ants don't quit attacking until they are dead - and their motivation can be as simple as territory protection so no elaborate story is needed).

Steps to Possibly take:
The 1st project will be a survival 3D FPS - arcade style - to the point, shoot and destroy.

* If there are people on board, start a new thread like DarkNOOBs does for each project?
* Decide on a Theme
* Brain storm about anything and everything that could be included or done - for a day or two
* Filter down the ideas - keeping some, rejecting most
* If anyone still wants to be involved after that, then start the Howto stuff

Enjoy your day.
TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2009 19:56
Agreed. But first of all we need a team name. I would go for "Stingrays".

Team names can be found here.

Then I'd like to give another idea to our FPS. I think it would be awesome to mix 1st person view with 3rd person view. Like with Conker, you run around in 3rd person view, and at any time you can press the "R" button to switch to 1st person view. 3rd person is great for moving about, and 1st person is great for aiming and hunting down.

Blood should be included.

I would happily model and lightmap a few levels and program the basic character movement, if no one else wants that task.

TheComet

Caleb1994
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2009 20:13
I might be interested in joining.

i have a suggestion on the game if we go with latches farm idea.

when you go to the barn the get "supplies" you have to literaly carry them back. so you can't fire when you are carrying them(or maybe you carry stuff with one are but you can only fire with a pistol or something) just a thought.

New Site! Check it out \/
TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2009 20:52
A good idea, caleb. The boards you need are outside and you need to get them and bring them in.

We will be doing multiple levels, so we can have the temple, barn, spaceship and other suggestions.

I think we should add limited ammo, and maybe limited water and food. So you have to go outside to get all of that. Just a thought.

TheComet

Latch
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2009 00:54 Edited at: 26th Aug 2009 01:24
A name shouldn't be something that keeps the project from moving forward.

Enjoy your day.
No Time To Code
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm a noob but I volunteer to beta test!
Latch
Years of Service
User Offline
@No Time To Code
Sure. But maybe you'd even want another task if one was available?

Quote: "I would happily model and lightmap a few levels and program the basic character movement, if no one else wants that task."

How about just one. Model the barn/house thing and post a pic or two.

And anyone else. If you model, how about some ideas for the look of the barn/house scenario?

Enjoy your day.
No Time To Code
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2009 03:41 Edited at: 26th Aug 2009 03:42
Quote: "Sure. But maybe you'd even want another task if one was available?"

I'd be glad to take a mundane task to free up the more experienced programers to do other things.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 10:46:28
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 10:46:28