Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK .NET / Predefined Constants in GDK.NET?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm new to GDK.NET and have been relying alot on the help files.
Several methods take integer flags as parameters but nowhere does it say what values do.

For example.
The GhostOn command *CAN* take a 1 for negative alphablending, but it doesn't say anything about other values. Does that mean that 1 is the only integer you should pass it?

I'm been looking through the help files and object browser of VB.NET 2008 and can't find any lists or predefined constants anywhere.

Thanks for your help.

Diggsey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2009 01:40
0 = Normal ghosting, the final colour is the original colour plus the new colour
1 = Dark ghosting, the final colour is the original colour plus the new colour, minus 1 (If the colour channel values range from 0-1)

For mode 0, black will be completely transparent (a+0 = a) and for mode 1, white will be completely transparent (a+1-1 = a).

Tony Martin
Years of Service
User Offline
Just for fun, I run my program with other values besides 0 or 1 for the GhostOn method (ie 2,4,5,6) and got different results for each one.
So that tells me there's other ghosting options available(?) If not, is something going on bitwise with the value you pass or something?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 04:52:33
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 04:52:33