Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Discussion / Dark Edit DBCompile LOG File Response

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I did a reinstall of DBC and dark edit and now after I run a program and return to editor a window comes up. It's titled "DBCompile LOG File Response". And in the window it says "Compilation Successful". It was not doing this before I reinstalled Dark Basic and Dark Edit. Any suggestions to get rid of this annoying window?
Latch
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello,

If you read through the file in the darkedit156 folder labeled darkedit.txt, it explains a lot of the options and changes that occured in DARKEDIT as it was being developed. Related to your question seems to be this section:

Quote: "1-November-2000 - Version 1.48
-------------------------------
*Implemented parameter DEFINEs (from one to nine parameters) to pre-processor. Format:

DEFINE cube(1),((%1)*(%1)*(%1))
DEFINE mult(2),((%1)*(%2))
DEFINE sum_3(3),((%1)+(%2)+(%3))

Calling Convention:

Print sum_3(10,n+5,(6*4)+LEN("FRED"))

* Removed the pop-up log file display and implemented:

* New Error Message Window in the bottom of the active code window. On error messages, the editor jumps to and highlights the reported line automatically.

Note: the line number will not be correct if you have INCLUDE'd functions, and if you intentionally hop out of DarkBASIC and switch windows in DarkEDIT, the log file message will appear in the currently active code window."

Particularly the Note: section . This seems to be error reporting specific to DarkEDIT and not DarkBASIC. I'm not sure how you fix the problem except perhaps

Quote: "if you intentionally hop out of DarkBASIC and switch windows in DarkEDIT, the log file message will appear in the currently active code window."

And are you launching DarkEDIT by itself or did you modify the Setup.ini file to automatically launch DarkEDIT when you double click or launch Db.exe ?

Enjoy your day.
Brazos
Years of Service
User Offline
I found darkedit.txt and read through it. I did not understand it all. Like what does it mean "intentionally hop out of DarkBASIC and switch windows to DarkEDIT"?

Quote: "And are you launching DarkEDIT by itself or did you modify the Setup.ini file to automatically launch DarkEDIT when you double click or launch Db.exe ?"

Not sure what you mean here. Are you talking about the Setup.ini file for DarkBASIC?

Here is my DarkBASIC history:
1. Original DarkBASIC Classic Disk
2. Got the enhancement package
3. Got updates for Vista
4. I now have DarkBASIC V 1.14 Enhanced

I'm not sure what DarkEDIT version I have. How do I find that information?
Latch
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "And are you launching DarkEDIT by itself or did you modify the Setup.ini file to automatically launch DarkEDIT when you double click or launch Db.exe ?""

Quote: "Not sure what you mean here. Are you talking about the Setup.ini file for DarkBASIC"

Yes.

Look in the directory where Db.exe is stored. There should be a file labled setup.ini . If there isn't you canget a copy from
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=147790&b=10

There is a line that reads

ExternalEditor=

Quote: "ExternalEditor allows DarkEdit or another text editor to be set as the default editor instead of the DBC black screen with green text editor that opens when you launch DB.exe . It's not necessary to set this control if you start DarkEdit independently. However, if you want to launch DB.exe directly and have it open DarkEDIT, you must have the DarkEdit Folder with all of it's files and subfolders in the same directory as DB.exe. To utilize this function, the line in the Setup.ini should be set to:
ExternalEditor=DarkEDIT156\darkedit.exe
otherwise leave it as:
ExternalEditor=None"

So basically, make sure this reads ExternalEditor=None. I'm not sure if that is or will fix your problem.

Quote: "I'm not sure what DarkEDIT version I have. How do I find that information?"

Should be in the title bar of DarkEDIT when you open it.

Quote: "Like what does it mean "intentionally hop out of DarkBASIC and switch windows to DarkEDIT"?"

I'm guessing pressing ALT+Tab while you are running a DB program to switch back to DarkEDIT. I've never heard of the problem you are having so I'm just throwing out some possibilities.

Enjoy your day.
Brazos
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2009 00:17 Edited at: 14th Jul 2009 14:30
I found the problem. I had an old zip folder with a version 1.41 of DarkEDIT. I've been using that (deleted that). I found my zip folder with version 1.56 (loaded that) and now everthing is good. As always Latch, thanks for looking out for those of us with fewer skills and know how. Thank-you.
Latch
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2009 14:47 Edited at: 13th Jul 2009 14:49
No problem.

The version, huh?

That's good to know. How did you get hold of such an early version?

Enjoy your day.
Brazos
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "How did you get hold of such an early version?"

I was at the right place at the right time> (Yeah, that sounds good....) I really have no idea what so ever how I obtained that version.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-20 10:40:25
Your offset time is: 2024-05-20 10:40:25