Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / Blox - My first complete game.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2009 06:23 Edited at: 13th Jul 2009 03:48
About: Dodge the Blox by using the arrow keys, receive power ups by hitting certain Blox, just watch out for the terrible evil Blox! Play 10 challenging levels or use quickplay to play one quick level of your choice with four challenging difficulties to choose from! Want a little more of a challenge? Use custom mode to tweak the difficulty to your liking.

Official Website: http://zeus.netii.net/blox.php?main

Current Version: v1.0
Release Notes: v1.0 Update -
v1.0 Update 2 -

Download:
v1.0 - http://www.mediafire.com/?znmnzlmhtml
Update - http://www.mediafire.com/?tmdmdnyc2nz
Update 2 - http://www.mediafire.com/?ymznmtmdnoz

Thanks: AndrewT, nackidno, Brick Break, Phosphoer, MonoCoder, Diggsey, and Happy Cheesecake

Alright, this is my first complete game. I am not selling it, it is free. Please enjoy!

Cheers!
-Zeus

Coder#05
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2009 07:30
Hehe.. Very fun, cool graphics.

Maby add some sort of score(+ hiscore list), and levels, instead of "you won" <- Would make it more addicting.

C0wbox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2009 16:18
It's good, but I noticed 3 bugs in the 4 levels I played:
* First, the cursor on the menu has a hitbox that is too big, because when selecting "Normal", "Extreme" is selected as well.
* Secondly, those grey blox on levels 3 and 4 lost me lives, but losing all my lives didn't lose the game, only after losing all my health did it tell me I'd lost.
* Thirdly, after starting the game a second time, I couldn't choose the skill level I wanted to play on.

Zeus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2009 16:26
Quote: "* Secondly, those grey blox on levels 3 and 4 lost me lives, but losing all my lives didn't lose the game, only after losing all my health did it tell me I'd lost."

Hrmph, I thought I fixed that.

Quote: "* Thirdly, after starting the game a second time, I couldn't choose the skill level I wanted to play on.
"

Huh?

Alright thanks for the feedback, I will come out with an update to fix those bugs.

Zeus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2009 16:58
Alright the new update is ready, all you have to do is replace the cursorFollow file in media and replace the EXEs.

Thanks!
Zeus

Jimpo
Years of Service
User Offline
Bugs:
-If you lose on level 1, it just restarts the level
-I lost on level 4 and it gave me a "music does not exist" error
-If you do quick play, then select new game, it will be the same setup as quick play

Suggestions:
-Teleport was entirely useless - it's supposed to be a quick save, but having to reach up and grab the mouse was awkward and slow.
-The custom game was a neat option, it just wasn't very descriptive. Like, what is the range for frequency and how many blocks do I have to choose from?

Otherwise, great attempt for a first game. Much more advanced than pong or some other "first game" classic. Keep working, get more experience, and make better and better games!

Zeus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2009 20:59 Edited at: 11th Jul 2009 21:01
Quote: "-If you lose on level 1, it just restarts the level"

Well, if you are doing new game, then it is suppose to restart the level if you lose, so you can retry.

Fixed the other bugs you listed in this though.

v1.0 Update 2 - http://www.mediafire.com/?ymznmtmdnoz

Replace the EXEs.

nackidno
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2009 00:49
Very nice that you completed this, I enjoyed it pretty much, but I managed to complete a custom game with blox frequency of 0 (like A LOOOOOOT of blox on the screen) with absolutely no problems. I finished it with 2 lives left.

Maybe optimize the game a little more? ^^ Otherwise it was very fun. Screenshot attached.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Zeus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2009 19:13
Quote: "Very nice that you completed this, I enjoyed it pretty much, but I managed to complete a custom game with blox frequency of 0 (like A LOOOOOOT of blox on the screen) with absolutely no problems. I finished it with 2 lives left.
"

Haha I did that too. I should've made the life blox a little more random.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 03:30:28
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 03:30:28