Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Code Snippets / [DBP] 3D Line / Laser

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2009 18:30 Edited at: 13th Jul 2009 19:21
I have been looking around recently for a way of making a laser type object but it seems that the forums had nothing much to offer.

I decided to look into how I would make a single object laser which would stay locked on to an object as I where moving around it and by chance managed to come up with this code:

(Note that I am so generous, I even made a simple manually aimed laser for anyone thats needs this.)

The attached object is a big part of this laser. If you attempt to use this code with just a box, you will have to adjust it to move the box to the middle of the two objects. My attached box however does not have the center of the object as the center so that I can tell it to start in one spot and stay there during scaling.

I can't find the way to add this to the codebase, I guess its because my account is on nooby mode. If anyone could, please stick it in there! Thanks!

Edit:
If there is a way to change the title, I can't find it. But this is for DBPro.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Softwizz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2009 19:28
wt? theres nothing here

Nothing to see here, move along please.
Disc330
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2009 19:46 Edited at: 13th Jul 2009 20:20
Quote: "wt? theres nothing here"

S'cause I edited the post... but it wouldn't show up until approved.
But this is going to be deleted anyway... I forgot the "[DBP]"

Edit:
Thank you very much to the nice person that renamed it!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-18 14:55:36
Your offset time is: 2024-05-18 14:55:36