Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Running up, and down stairs seems a little tricky at the moment. Am wondering about the best way to go about it. Has anyone written a routine for it? I am thinking about collision boxes that automatically raise, and lower you depending on which two you are touching at the same time... not sure.

TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2009 21:05
How big are the stairs? Have you gotten into sparky's collision dll yet? If so, cast the ray a bit higher than the next step, and the player will automatically go up it. Actually, wait a bit, I'll write a simple example.

Is this a first person view or third person view?

TheComet

Make the path of your enemies easier with Waypoint Pro!
Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2009 21:11 Edited at: 20th Jul 2009 21:13
Quote: "How big are the stairs? Have you gotten into sparky's collision dll yet? If so, cast the ray a bit higher than the next step, and the player will automatically go up it. Actually, wait a bit, I'll write a simple example.

Is this a first person view or third person view?

TheComet"

First person, but there is an invisible object 11 involved, so there is a collision available. I hover the camera above, and behind it.

TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2009 01:27 Edited at: 22nd Jul 2009 01:42
OK, attached is a simple demonstration of sliding collision using sparky's dll. It should be easy to implement into your project, just change "position camera x#,y#+2,z#" with the object you want to position:

position object <player>,x#,y#,z#

Download the attachment, hope this helps!

Another thing you may have to change is the collision size and speed, because your world may be a lot bigger or smaller than mine. My collision size is set to 6:

You will notice the 3 everywhere. If your character is 30 wide, 20 long and 80 high, you will have to divide those numbers by 2 and insert them at the correct place:

TheComet

Make the path of your enemies easier with Waypoint Pro!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
Wow spiral stairs too! I was going to have spiral stairs.

Thanks for the demo, and help. It helps so much when so much time is spent on a project.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-20 08:34:23
Your offset time is: 2024-05-20 08:34:23