Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / Does no one else need the old rotation style ?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2002 10:36
Auugh!!
I gave in and downloaded the DBPro demo.
Perhaps the most vital command for my own purposes are the so called free flight rotations.
They are radically changed :- they no longer rotate relative to the current object attitude, but act like a combination of x, y rotate plus a free flight ' roll' rotation at the end.

Good grief... they are useless !. ( and in the demo return no values at all ... not that it matters when the commands themselves are now little more than a duplication of the standard euler.)

Does no one else need to use them in the old classic DB way.??
Is it an error in the demo version??

I can see there are masses of 3d vector /matrix computations that can be done. But the whole point of DB is to no t have to bother with that.
It was just so beautifully simple to have relative rotations in one stroke.

what i say is .. *!#!$!! ,,, gasp ... choke ... expires of indignation ( and dissappointment)
Hubdule
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2002 11:40
Maybe they fix it in one of the next releases. Lee said they will change a lot of 3D engine internals soon.

Zed
Years of Service
User Offline
Yep it's a bug and it's been reported - by me cus my space combat etc game needs them working - They work for the camera though

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 09:56:36
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 09:56:36