Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / db pro has NEVER loaded a model

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I got dbconvert.exe and ran it on the space ships that was included with db pro.. as well as my own ships. the resulting .x ships still will not load. All I can manage to get is 'Runtime Error 7018 - Could not load 3D object at line 246'

I don't know what else to do.. I mean.. I went from using my ships, to using your own ships you provided with db pro.. and I still get this error no matter what converter I use.

Any suggestions? This has been happening since beta1.. i've never got a 3d object to load in db pro, not even 1.. although I can make all the internal db coded objects i want such as plains and boxes..

Thanks,

Jamie
Hubdule
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2002 13:33
Works here. Maybe you should wait for the next 1/2 patches. Then it should be sorted out.

Jamie
Years of Service
User Offline
Well what makes it so bad is that it wont even load the models provided on the db pro cd...

Would someone out there be kind enough to provide me with any kind of small model that you have tested as working in db pro so I can load one up and make sure its not anything other than db pro messing up?

As I stated before.. after swapping from my own models to the db pro provided ones i thought 'problem solved' but it seems its not that easy.

Thanks,

Jamie

hmm... i'm looking forward to the next patch.. but 'wait for the next patch' is what i've been told since beta1 and this is the exact problem/reason that I did not renew my dbdn subscription.

rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2002 15:01
Well, I guess you probably already tried this, but make sure you have the newest version of DirectX, Video Card drivers, etc. That's all I can think of sorry.

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
Get the DB Weekly Newsletter at www.dbwn.cjb.net
renard
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2002 16:06
I had the same problem:
for me, i had to re-install the drivers of my graphic card.
What is your computer?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 15:26:38
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 15:26:38