Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK .NET / PHYSICS HELP please ODE & Gdk .net

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have recently purchased the "Pack" from TGC, also i purchased Dark gdk.net, I like the products but going from years of Visual basic programming i just cant get used to the syntax of DBpro. SO, TGC says it will be around 6 months to get dark physics for gdk.net, i would be happy to pay a good amount money for this expansion.

I have seen the forum back for 2 years saying the same thing, so for the mean time i have tried ODE .net (doesn't work) gets an exception error no matter what???????? i had errors inside visual basic then i referenced the included dll's (older) and then with no errors it starts to load then crashes.

Is there ANY .net dgdk compatible and working physics systems?
Is there a way to make ode.net work???

Any help is appreciated, I just want to use my visual basic experience with dark basic .net but it seems like im all alone.
RanQor
Years of Service
User Offline
Box2D Physics works for sure. Although, as the name suggests its only for 2d gameplay.

Theres a .net wrapper for Newton:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/newton-dotnet/

I have never used it though...so I couldn't tell you anything about that one.
APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2009 20:22
The ODE plugin was originally written for an older version of DarkGDK.NET. Because I've been working on the DarkAI plugin, and the followup to DarkPhysX, I shelved the ODE plugin for good.

Paul.

Sincity328
Years of Service
User Offline
I cant figure out the newton .net wrapper (not one sample in any .net language) that i can find.

The ode wrapper would work but the "key" string stops it from running, there is no authenticator like i was told version 1.0.9 dgdk had, is there any way to make this work???

Thanks,
Maurice
APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2009 16:20 Edited at: 3rd Aug 2009 16:21
I'll see if I can get the ODE plugin up to date with the current version and release it here. The Authentication stuff is now redundent but this is not the only problem with the existing ODE plugion. The Class IDs for all of the DarkGDK.NET classes have changed and therefore will not be compatable with the plugin anyway.

Leave it with me.

Paul.

Sincity328
Years of Service
User Offline
WOW, Thank You! I would greatly appreciate that! It would let us Visual basic guys have a complete "solution" with the products here and Physics and it would be great!

Maurice
GMS0012
Years of Service
User Offline
@Sincity328

you are totally right..

i also wait for a physic solution.... (for month now...)

and at the time it will be available i will be very happy
Amnzero
Years of Service
User Offline
You could always just define your own physics...

if(enemy == Amnzero) runAway();
Amnzero.WebSite = L"http://neovance.com/";
Sincity328
Years of Service
User Offline
I am trying to write a simple sphere polygon system while i await the ODE plugin (Thanks APEXnow). I am learning the gdk and i am loving it, the only issue im stuck at now is-

1.sphere to sphere collision return sliding data, sphere to polygon i get nothing

2.if i use the intersect function (oldpos,newpos) it returns the distance along that ray (no sliding info) ??? How do i determine which triangle is being hit??? i cant find anything in the help files or online?

3.i got the collision Objectx.collision() to return true of false exactly when the spheres are hitting the mesh of the .x file i loaded but with no sliding data and i dont know which triangle is hitting using this method either.

Here is the code from the vb.net game level example "modified" for these basic tests

Sincity328
Years of Service
User Offline
I was looking through the Advanced COM help, but im confused How do i get access to those commands??? do i reference a different dll? There isn't any examples that i can find anywhere showing the advanced commands being used.

Thanks,
Maurice
Sincity328
Years of Service
User Offline
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE i am so close to finally putting work into my game (not game engine stuff like the last 4 years ((part time)) of my life) i just need a little help, i am very confused i just can't find any help on these intersect commands, and the advanced "COM" help file doesn't match some of the commands and or syntax that i can find inside visual basic. Any help or comments are appreciated i have a very busy schedule (i own a home theater company) and on my limited free time i really enjoy programming and have always dreamed of creating a 3d action adventure game (like Dreamfall, but with Silent Hill horror elements)

Also if we could maybe start a donation pool for .Net physics (or for the update to ODE.net) i would definitely pay good money to help speed the development and im sure others would too. Money talks and i love spending it on a good cause (as long as everyone else gets the ODE.net for free to learn use and enjoy i would make a generous donation!)

Thanks,
Maurice
Sincity328
Years of Service
User Offline
I can't seem to get a response from anyone??? i Offered to pay for a reworked ODE plugin (for everyone to use of course), i wait and wait and wait... I know things take time but wow i can't do anything with the almost $400 of products because all of the plugins i assumed would still work don't and .net dark physics is no where to be found.

Please let me know a time frame for any one of the things to do collisions in .net, even just the knowledge of how to get polygon info from the built in intersect test as stated above...

Thanks,
Maurice

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 19:47:48
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 19:47:48