Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Discussion / Making a game

Author
Years of Service
User Offline

Hi guys, I have a quick question, I am trying to make a quick 2D game, but The output says my code is incorrect. I am trying to making a 2D enemy respond to shots from your character. I think I did it but i'm not sure. Output message: Syntax error unreconized paramonter. For the line:
If, you answer, Thanks!!!

Why change the the world when it changes itself?
BN2 Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Well that would definitely do it for you. I don't know what language you are immigrating from, but Darkbasic can't do that. I am not exactly sure what that code is supposed to do, so I can't offer suggestions. But you are setting the variable Enemy to something. You can't set a number equal to multiple values, let alone 3 integers and a string.

Looking at your code, it looks like it was an incorrectly written line and you wanted the text command underneath it. There is an error there as well. There is no 3rd coordinate for the TEXT COMMAND. If you want the 1060 to be displayed you would want it to look like this:

Thanks for using the code button though! Really helps things.

Great Quote:
"Time...LINE??? Time isn't made out of lines...it is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round!" -Caboose
Outerblob
Years of Service
User Offline
I am immigrating from lua, and C++.

Why change the the world when it changes itself?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-20 06:40:49
Your offset time is: 2024-05-20 06:40:49