Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Discussion / What 3D modeling program works best with DARK Basic ?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi everyone,

I wanted to ask you witch program works best with DARK Basic. I tried to work with 3D Max but its too complicated to work for, so I need your suggestion witch program works best with DARK Basic.

Thanks in advance,

-Nrx
TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2009 19:29
It costs, but the most powerful, easy to use modeler must be AC3D. It is really great for creating almost anything! The only downside is it can't animate your objects. For that, search the forum for Lightning Limbs, or use Wings 3D or Anim8tor.

TheComet

Make the path of your enemies easier with Waypoint Pro!
TDK
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2009 21:12
Quote: "witch program works best with DARK Basic"

To accurately answer your question, none of them do - a 3D modelling program is only used to create models for DB.

To answer what you probably mean, then ANY 3D modeller will work as long as it saves .X model files.

Quote: "I tried to work with 3D Max but its too complicated to work for"

This suggests that you should have asked which is the easiest one to use. Unfortunately, that's even harder to answer because they all work differently. I swear by TrueSpace but anyone who has used any of the others would probably hate the interface.

Gamespace Lite is the free cut-down version if you want to try it.

Others like Milkshape or Blender. You need to try them yourself to find out which one you like the best. Just remember to make sure it saves out .X files...

TDK

That1Smart Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2009 21:36
Blender is really good, if you can get past the scary interface and the somewhat buggy animation exporter

plus its free

Brick Break
User Banned
Posted: 31st Jul 2009 21:58
Quote: "somewhat buggy animation exporter"

You can say that again.

@Nrx- The correct capitalization would be Dark BASIC.

WINNER list:
Latch, Lee Bamber, TDK, TheComet
Thanks for the help!
Nrx
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for advice guys. Just in witch program animation is the easiest, and witch program best supports the x. files ?
Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2009 01:16 Edited at: 1st Aug 2009 01:17
Anim8or is the easiest to use. I made my first model 10 mins after downloading it, and the model was not too bad either. You don't need X models anyway.. 3DS is supported.

That1Smart Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2009 03:24
supported but I dont think they can be animated

Brick Break
User Banned
Posted: 1st Aug 2009 04:22
Don't think what can be animated?

WINNER list:
Latch, Lee Bamber, TDK, TheComet
Thanks for the help!
Nrx
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the advice Pincho Paxton!
That1Smart Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2009 17:04
Quote: "Don't think what can be animated"

b3ds, I tried to export an animated model from blender as a 3ds file and it didnt give me an option to export aniomation like it did for .X files

Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2009 18:41 Edited at: 1st Aug 2009 18:42
3DS can be animated, it's just a matter of finding programs that can animated 3DS. Milkshape is one that works with DB Classic.. I think.

Bluestar4
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2009 08:16
I recomend 3dcanvas pro.

bluestar4~
---Missle Might - Hero Battles - Zillipede --- which do you like the best ?
Nrx
Years of Service
User Offline
What about Maya?
Travis Gatlin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2009 00:41
i personally recommend blender,when they fix the exporter
it has a hard interface,but it is genius

yeah im southern WATCHA GONNA DO BOUT IT?
pr0fess0r cha0s
Years of Service
User Offline
I suggest blender, although I have had a lot of problems exporting it to DBC. If you can find a solution to the export problems I think Blender would be great. Check out this thread:

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=138053&b=10

I hope that this might help with your search for a good modeling program so that you don't rule out blender. Although, I have not needed to load my own custom models very often. I am wondering if anyone knows if the export method explained in that thread is really necessary. I know that there is something wrong with either the blender export, the DBC import, file formatting, or even direct X version conflicts. Does anyone else have these problems? Have these problems been fixed in recent updates? Anyway, I think that Blender is a great program for 3d modeling if you can get the export to work. It has good community support. I have seen some truly impressive work done in blender, although it is a bit difficult to learn how to use.

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.
Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
I think that your problem was trying to move body parts with mesh deform originally. DBC only allows you to move limbs around. So a leg is built with a separate foot, a separate lower leg, a separate top leg etc.. You can't bend any of the parts.

DBPro allows the mesh deform animation.

Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2009 13:47
Quote: "What about Maya? "

At about $4k a copy, I don't see him using a legal copy anytime soon.

There are several modelling programs out there that will work just fine. The biggest differences between the high-end suites like Maya and 3D Max are their rendering software, which isn't important if you only want models to import into DB.

I like 3D Max over most but that's mainly because I spent months learning its interface many years ago, so therefore I'm most comfortable with it.

[url="http://www.nocleanfeed.com"][/url]

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-09 15:59:12
Your offset time is: 2024-05-09 15:59:12