Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / Underbelly - Ultimate Contest Entry

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2009 19:06 Edited at: 8th Aug 2009 19:07
Basic story: You are working in an office, in a normal day, when suddenly the ground shakes and all power is turned off. A ceiling tile hits your head, and you are knocked out. When you wake up, the emergency power has kicked in, and most of the maintanence lights are on.

You don't know what happened, but some strange noises are coming from the underground sections of the building. You are forced to go down there due to a blockage on the staircase, and now you have to escape the office complex via the underbelly - a complex of sewers and mining tunnels.

(This is pretty damn rushed, cos I only found out about the comp a couple of days ago )

Screen 1

Screen 2

My FPSC skills aren't what they used to be, but I will probably re-create some of my finer unreleased areas to make up this game. I can't see me getting in to the top 3, but the prizes are just too tempting. :3

dark peanut
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2009 20:14 Edited at: 8th Aug 2009 20:16
I could definitely see you getting top 3 if your game is consistent with the quality of those screenshots!! I like those shadows but in the 2nd screenshot is that a table underneath a grate? I don't know, its probably not but it looks like a wooden table. Good luck in the competition!

EDIT: Also, how do you find a military pistol in an office?

dark peanut

Check out my Ultimate Competition Entry here: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=153854&b=25 Ultimatum: The Final Deadline

Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2009 20:17
It's just the default wooden texture for the model pack 5 grunge room.

And lighting in FPSC has never been one of my weak spots, it's just the gameplay that I worry about.

Coach Shogun 20
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2009 21:15
Quote: "Also, how do you find a military pistol in an office?"

A majority of military hand-guns can be purchased on the civilian market. My dad has a glock for protection.

Anyways, I like the second shot but I'm not so fond of that wood texture there.

I really like the first shot. Very creepy.

Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2009 21:24 Edited at: 8th Aug 2009 21:34
The pistol is found next to a corpse.

Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2009 19:03
Bugger. I cant do an entire last level in a few hours.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-08 21:14:23
Your offset time is: 2024-05-08 21:14:23