Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Music & Sound FX / for guitarists

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2009 18:33
for those guitarists that have FX that simulate amps, what FX pedal do you use for your guitar ? {digitech,beringher , boss , ect )

Regards
Gamerboots~
da power pwnerer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2009 23:34 Edited at: 11th Aug 2009 23:37
I use a Line6 POD and its the best sounding amp simulator that I've heard in that price range, and possibly in general. Keep in mind, however, it will not make a cheap guitar (less than $300 IMHO is a cheap guitar) sound as if it is a $1000 guitar. Modeling Amps don't work like that.

"To lead, you must first die in your mind. Let go of life, and embrace it!!!"
gamerboots
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2009 02:10
I've heard the line6 as you said, that they were good for what you pay. but I'm a little spoiled as I have an old rocktron mAXE preamp that is just awsome, Unforntnately , its quite old and I know its on its last leg and time to get a new one , so I thought I would check around and see what others would recomend. I am considering a digitech RP350.

Regards
Gamerboots~
Pozag
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2009 18:52 Edited at: 20th Aug 2009 18:56
Amplitube 2 is ok but I suggest using real gear. It doesn't have to be expensive.

Cheap way: Korg Pandora - direct in (150$)
For recording without a mic I use the following:

Boss GT6 + Damage Control Demonizer into an old Bolt-60 amp. The amp goes into a Sonic Maximizer and then in a Delta 44 sound card unit. Mixed with a Yorkville SR300 reference amp and tanoy speakers, the sound has a good tone.

http://www.soundclick.com/Nicoscreationtable

Remorse was made using that gear.

Unique was made using a GT6+Sonic Maximizer plugged into the computer. Nothing else! Nation was made using a simple pandora directly plugged in the computer.

All the rest was mostly made with the GT6 direct in the computer.
GT6 is cheaper then Amplitube...

Amplitube 400$
GT6 is now less then 300$ since the GT10 came out. The difference is that you have a lot more processing power with a good effect pedal. Line6 is also good and much cheaper even.

Obviously, you need a good guitar with good pick-ups, I mostly use my Gibson Les Paul with custom pick-ups but I do have a Yamaha Studio 2 custom and telecaster for whatever needs.

www.projectversus.com
www.myspace.com/projectversus
gamerboots
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2009 00:33
Quote: " the sound has a good tone"

yes, I checked out your link. a nice warm metallic sound on the guitars. I'm curious , Did you use real accoustic drums , electronic, or looped ? Fine job by the way.

Regards
Gamerboots~
Pozag
Years of Service
User Offline
The recording of Remorse is as follow:

Drums are from Addictive drum. Took a lot of work and tweaking but the feel finaly came out.

The recording was done in Cubase SX at the time

Note that this version is only a ruff mixt. All I did was the EQ before recording and bang, that's the result. This versions has no Mixing or Mastering, this is basicaly untouch.

www.projectversus.com
www.myspace.com/projectversus
gamerboots
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2009 23:24
awsome. can you email me your settings or preset# that you used on the gt-6 for the guitars on Unique ?

Regards
Gamerboots~
Insane Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2009 13:04
mmm, I use The Digitech RP50.

80 Different Effects/distortions.

Even has a backup drum beat system, so you can jam along..

it does me well oh yes

Programming, Design and common sense.
gamerboots
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2009 23:06
@Insane Arts
I take it you really like it

----------------
Gamerboots~

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 01:18:30