Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / F.R.A.G. Recruiting

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2009 17:42 Edited at: 6th Nov 2009 20:02
[center][b][u]Screenies from Shadowfire:

Screenies from me:

Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2009 21:39
Yo. So I feel stupid.

This is clearly a pretty sweet project. Are you basically trying to MOD FPSC to behave a bit like L4D?

I like the X9 level, it has a nice vibe. I'm not so sure about the X10 level. Considering some of the shader effects available in DX10, the level still looks quite a lot like an old X9 game.

Nice work though, is there going to be multiplyer?

I want robotic legs.
A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2009 21:56 Edited at: 6th Nov 2009 22:06
Co-op wont be possible with the zombies. Also, both levels are in X9. Included in the download, with permission from lee and rick, is a copy of a ton of X10 media converted and ready for use in X9. The mod also comes with a heck of a load of huds for barriers, doors, weapons and ammo. The name of the game has also changed from Z-Mod to ZGC (Zombie Game Creator) as we are now using a version of Project green (so it can be downloaded for free).

EDIT

I am now designing new levels for the new game Solitude. It is like Dead Space in the respect of the creatures and the ship layout. There is also the aspect of ZGC in it as it will be a zombie survival, but a game and not just a map. I am still trying to find some zombie models for use as the enemy. Butterfingers, I am using your zomies, but they seem to have a cube attatched to their left foot which is putting me off using them...

Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2009 23:02 Edited at: 6th Nov 2009 23:07
Quote: "Its a group of people with specialsied skills. Putting company on the post makes it read better but technically its not a company. If that makes any sense "

No, it doesn't. It's pretentious and annoying.

These screenshot are all FPSC. Why are you posting here? You said it's because it's a team request, but team requests aren't allowed here.

Quote: "but they seem to have a cube attatched to their left foot which is putting me off using them..."

Then remove it. Unless you don't know how.

Download the game!
A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "This is FPSC and doesn't belong here. Please don't post here."

This is the ONLY board which allows team requests. I would love it if i was to get special permission to post on the FPSC WIP board but i doubt i will get an okay from lee or rick. I will email them tomorrow.

tiresius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2009 02:19 Edited at: 7th Nov 2009 02:23
Quote: "This is the ONLY board which allows team requests. I would love it if i was to get special permission to post on the FPSC WIP board but i doubt i will get an okay from lee or rick. I will email them tomorrow."

That is false. And don't... please PLEASE don't email the head developer of TGC or its marketing/business director (or whatever Rick is) with your forum troubles. That's what volunteer Mods are for. Clear it up with KeithC, that would be more appropriate. I'd like Lee to fix the horrible new standard IDE and other DBPro related things.

I don't know who you are, but you must be someone special in the FPSC circles. Maybe it's from your ZGC thingie that seems popular over there. Because the previously locked post for FRAG Recruiting on the FPSC WIP board used to have an entry by KeithC stating how that post was against forum rules for team requests, and pointed you to this page (but now that message has been removed and the post is just locked).
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=team_requests
So you've found a loophole in this old document that has the "WIP Board" listed but not the "FPSC WIP Board" listed. Well that's because it was written before there was an FPSC WIP board and never updated. The FPSC WIP board is relatively new (or went away and came back?), because many people were getting tired of others posting *any* FPSC related stuff on this board. They very rarely put FPSC in forum titles or mentioned FPSC at all and people started out thinking they wrote an FPS engine in DBPro. Wowzers!

No matter what board you post on, you have been breaking rules #2, #3 (well, up until a recent edit changing the word 'company' to 'community'), and #5 in that document.

But in the end I need silly forum drama like a dozen open lesions on my back. So I'm done with this whole thing and will leave sincerely wishing you good luck and congrats for working up something in FPSC so high that you can get away with a forum thread like this over here in (what I thought was) DBC/DBPro-Land. Mods must have seen this post and they must be saying "we likey", so there ya go.

I'm not a real programmer but I play one with DBPro!
Xsnip3rX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2009 05:52 Edited at: 7th Nov 2009 05:53
cowbox, stop posting negative crap in other ppls threads.

On-Topic, i think mr fattypants needs a shirt :d
A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "cowbox, stop posting negative crap in other ppls threads.

On-Topic, i think mr fattypants needs a shirt :d"

Where did that come from? Is this the right thread?

@tiresius There is no loop hole to post on the FPSC WIP board. I have tried on the FPSC Chat and FPSC WIP and both times my team request has been locked. I think i can post team requests on the DBPro board, but i think that would get locked as this is more to do with FPSC than DBPro.

Xsnip3rX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2009 02:19
Quote: "Where did that come from? Is this the right thread?"

the npc in your screenshots.
A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
ah right. Well he is a porker

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-29 00:38:38