Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / Problem with vehicle rigging tutorial and CharacterFX?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I tried to use CharacterFX program to rig vehicles for Dark Physics but the wheels won't turn. I got confused on using the vertex tool to assign the tire's verticies to the tire's limb. If I display the animation frame slider, select one of the tire's limbs, and use the rotate tool, the tire won't rotate when I click on the green arrow and move the mouse. The thing with blue, green, and red arrows rotates by itself. How can I rig the vehicle correctly? Can I use 3D Studio MAX to create and rig vehicles?
tatts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2009 07:22
Hi jeff, You have to reassign the verts to the limb. when and if you assigned the verts the first time they may not have assigned properly and this is what will happen. Make sure your in vertex mode while assigning the verts, 1st select the limb you intend to assign the tire too and then make sure all vert for that tire is highlighted, both the verts and limb joint have to be selected before pressing the assign button. Cfx is a little buggy but it does work. just keep trying the tutorial from start to finish, you'll eventually get it.
Jeffrey Morris
Years of Service
User Offline
Tatts, Thanks for helping me rig the vehicle in CharacterFX. The vehicle's body should be rotated 180 degrees on the "Y" axis.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 05:14:38
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 05:14:38