Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / Darknet IP selection

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2009 10:56
Hi all, I really don't understand how to get the Cube World Server to run on my IP address. I always default to my machine IP address of 10.1.1.4. Using the Advanced Cube World I can only see this IP and not my actual IP address from my ISP. A friend who had the Cube World Client obviously could not connect as the server was not on my internet IP address. When people run the Advanced Cube World, are there multiple IP addresses to chose from?

I have the server as an exception for Windows Firewall and don't have a router.

Anyone have any advice, will have to try it on another pc with internet connection.
Michael P
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2009 02:51 Edited at: 13th Oct 2009 02:52
Quote: " Using the Advanced Cube World I can only see this IP and not my actual IP address from my ISP. "

DarkNet can only detect local interfaces which are IP addresses that can be used from within your LAN.

So if someone on a computer on your LAN wants to connect to a server on the LAN they should use the local IP that DarkNet detects.

If someone wants to connect from outside your LAN then they should use your external IP (www.whatismyip.com). Normally you have to set up port forwarding. This is usually done by manually configuring your router, but can be done using Universal Plug and Play. You should forward an external port to a local IP and port that the DarkNet server is using. External clients should then connect to the external IP and port.

Quote: "When people run the Advanced Cube World, are there multiple IP addresses to chose from?"

Sometimes because you can have more than one network connection at the same time.

Simwad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2009 05:06
Got it.

Seems like a round about way especially since I'm not behind a router at all. Will look at the Darknet UPnP commands for how this is achieved.
DarkJohn20
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes, it will work perfectly fine if you connect to a local IP and somebody else connects to an external. (Which in my opinion is extremely useful)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 14:30:01
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 14:30:01