Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Showcase / [X9] [VBOTB '09] Red Shift

Author
FPSC BOTB Developer
VBOTB Developer '09
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2009 15:54 Edited at: 25th Nov 2009 14:25
Red Shift (demo)

Developed by:
Blazor X

Story:
In the year 2034, 3/4 of the world has since been flooded due to Polar ice caps melting/Global warming. The story takes place in Urumqi, Xinjiang China. Where technology has adapted to its prior surroundings from the limited suitable areas for foundation construction and the loss of common materials.

Earth is controlled by the I.G.L.F. (International Government Law Force). The I.G.L.F. work close with the Quinto Corp, a company that carries out research and expeditions to distance regions, trying to discover new areas for future settlements. Time will tell how close......

You play the role of Kenji, Head of security for Quinto Corp. What soon turns from a normal day for Kenji, turns into something not quite what he was expecting.....

Background:
Demo has been taken from the start of the official Red Shift game.
The demo ends after Kenji makes his way outside, receiving a message about a HardDrive for collection in Lab at sector 4.

Download Link:
http://www.filefront.com/14739509/RedShiftB5b.zip/

Updated Download Link - Added Bonus version
http://www.filefront.com/14994443/RedShiftDemo.zip/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Protection by:
Vishnu
Msn needs to be disabled before running, vishnu supports up to 1024x768 - Game was tested at 1920x1080 and ran fine.
To Exit: Exit button option available after exiting main menu, If unavailable press F12 to exit.
Menu options may be to the left of larger resolutions higher than 1024x768.

Recommended System Specs:
AMD/INTEL Dual Core or higher, 512MB DDR2 GPX Card or higher, 2GB RAM or higher, Vista/Windows7 OS, 1024x768 Resolution / Higher Resolution may not be fully supported, Direct X10.
*Suggested to run dynamic lights ON, Shaders OFF. however the option is there. Demo/game is intended for higher end systems, and uses a unique loading feature.

Minium Specs / Not recommend: Demo may not preform as intended
Duo core 1Gb.
Game tested on a single core. Fresh system restart and all running programs disabled except virus protection.
Single Core 2.4Ghz or higher, 512MB DDR GPX Card or higher, 1GB RAM or higher, Direct x9.0c/latest update.

Special Thanks to / In no order:
Neils, Finn, Acid, Lazerus, Reita, K Rio, Rambo, Red Eye.
Additional thanks can be found via credits in main folder.

Pre Reviews:
To sum it up in one word, fantastic.
I really, really liked the custom media, from the segments to the custom music. Everything was expertly designed. - Gunn3r

Its all good and yes i think it is ready as a public demo, i liked it and gave a good idea of the game. It worked good, slowed down for me at some momments but other than that it was good. - K Rio

Game is awesome. It ran lovely, no complants at all... 1 thing that was standing out was when you enter a new level your weapon defaults back to the pistol. Its not hard to change weaps tho.
Loading screens took about 5 seconds not long, no lag at all for me. Exit worked fine. - Neils

Great, i died at the 5th level 3 times. Overall fps was 32 and the ai was awesome. Other things was awesome also.
I would change the resoulition of background pics over 1024 (for wider screens) and the gameplay was freaking great.
- Red Eye

demo released.
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2009 16:23
Very nice work! I really enjoyed this game; I hope it's continued/expanded upon in the future!

-Keith

Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
One Word: ACE!

mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2009 17:17
awesome

Creativity is inventing, experimenting, growing, taking risks, breaking rules, making mistakes, and having fun.
djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 18th Oct 2009 18:51
Looks awesome gotta play.

[href]http://sites.google.com/site/chargedstudios/home[href]
"Im British you muppet!"-Psycho
SGJB
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2009 19:08
Great Demo, you've got a good cyberpunk feel to this game, keep it up
jojje
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2009 20:37
Keep up the good work
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2009 22:27
Downloading...

Violence isn't the answer, it's the question...
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2009 00:32
Sorry for double posting, but I've just played the demo, and here's a short review of what I thought of it:

Overall t was pretty good. I like how you started with a pretty immersive feel, then moved on into combat and action. Voice acting and such is overall, brilliant, and the AI did well. The only issues were that enemy AI didn't respond unless you got a certain distance close enough to them. This tied in with the other issue, which was weaponry. Overall, it was pretty lacking, I wasn't expecting a choice of 49 pistols, 62 assault rifles, etc all with slightly different attributes, but only having a pistol and a rifle was quite dull, perhaps you should add a shotgun to mix it up, the JSCS Breecher would work quite well IMO...

Also, the weapons were pinpoint accurate, which meant I could often take down an AI by standing really far away and firing before he saw me, killing him. Other than that, the level design was perfect, especially the alley scene. The only issue I saw is that there's a whole in the wall at the start of the vent chapter. The loading screens were also a bit too frequent IMO, but they were short so it didn't matter. It's also kind of annoying that you can't see your ammo or health count, this sort of guesswork can irritate the player...

Overall, it was one of the best FPSC demos I've played in a while, it's just that it needs some tweaks in the combat to make it a bit pacier...

If you want a number, I'd give it a 7.5/10...

Violence isn't the answer, it's the question...
Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
I played this 5 times already and i got it yesterday for beta testing. This is DEFINATELY a BOTB worth.

Keep this up!

djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 19th Oct 2009 15:47
This game is soo awesome.The AI was a bit dumb from times to times but it was different from other games.This should be BOTB

ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
I must downlaod this later but I do admit that the
screenshots look VERY tasty. Good job on the demo release.
Will play soon.

Astek

-Indestructible-

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2009 18:49
Congratulations on your new badge!

mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2009 19:16
good job man!

Creativity is inventing, experimenting, growing, taking risks, breaking rules, making mistakes, and having fun.
djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 19th Oct 2009 22:19
Congrats! I hope you enjoy your shiny badge cause this game deserves it,I played it three times

Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Congrats!

Defy
FPSC BOTB Developer
VBOTB Developer '09
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks everyone for all the support.
Appreciate the comments and glad to hear players have had fun playing.

And thankyou Keith for the new badge!

Thankyou also CG for the review, I will take those points made into consideration.

I hope many others give it a run and have the same enjoyment it was making it.

demo released.
ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm not trying to persuade anyone to try but Vishnu is very
crackable. Darkfact told me and demonstrated that even a 5th
grader could crack Vishnu. No offense. He's the reason why I don't
use it. The new img block was all I needed though. Textures are one
of the most important things and at leas they're already safe now.

I'm about to play it though man. I'm expecting great things!

-Indestructible-

Doomster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2009 01:32 Edited at: 21st Oct 2009 16:44
Quote: "Darkfact told me and demonstrated that even a 5th
grader could crack Vishnu."

MOD Edit: Please do not discuss methods of cracking someone's game

I hope that Lee makes an extra "block" for scripts and meshes soon, then it would be safe enough, anyways.

Quote: "Textures are one of the most important things and at leas they're already safe now."

More or less, yes.

I really enjoyed the game!
Enough enemys to "destroy", small loading times, good performance, it was very entertaining to play trough the levels, altough some of the textures looked very low-res.

Hope to see more soon.

-Doomster

Defy
FPSC BOTB Developer
VBOTB Developer '09
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2009 12:49 Edited at: 21st Oct 2009 13:45
I personally thought that this was discussed before and over.
It should be brought to peoples attention about what happened with halflife 2, hacker and the fbi. Game makers should be aiming for an achievement for them selves in there own works, simple.
Errant said it best "In the future, if anyone sees something like this, they should foreward the info on and not post about it"

I own a copy of PGPS and could not get it to run recently, even though my last demo used it. Its not a choice of preference for me. As any, purely compacts the size to half. Which took me 6 hours to upload as it was. This is registered and its media is known around the world. Simple, don't even bother.

Back to topic,
I am happy people have enjoyed playing and that is one of the key factors that was worked by. Oh, and the style is more based apon manga art styles than hi res. Thanks for the comments.

demo released.
Defy
FPSC BOTB Developer
VBOTB Developer '09
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2009 12:52 Edited at: 21st Oct 2009 13:10
Well, seen as some users like I once was. Only having a single core processor. I thought I would add a few added screens to show what was inside. I remember when I started using fpsc and was running a 1.6ghz, 256ram, 128mb Card, Oh the joy! Still was great stuff and gave me the chance to try and see how fpsc ticks.
So here is some screens..

demo released.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Defy
FPSC BOTB Developer
VBOTB Developer '09
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2009 12:56 Edited at: 21st Oct 2009 12:56
screen2

demo released.

Attachments

Defy
FPSC BOTB Developer
VBOTB Developer '09
Years of Service
User Offline
screen 3

demo released.

Attachments

Defy
FPSC BOTB Developer
VBOTB Developer '09
Years of Service
User Offline
screen 4

demo released.

Attachments

Defy
FPSC BOTB Developer
VBOTB Developer '09
Years of Service
User Offline
screen 5

demo released.

Attachments

Defy
FPSC BOTB Developer
VBOTB Developer '09
Years of Service
User Offline
screen 6

demo released.

Attachments

Defy
FPSC BOTB Developer
VBOTB Developer '09
Years of Service
User Offline
screen 7

demo released.

Attachments

Defy
FPSC BOTB Developer
VBOTB Developer '09
Years of Service
User Offline
screen 8

demo released.

Attachments

Fuzz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2009 11:30
Looking great, Defy.

puppyofkosh
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm gonna download this later and play it.

Congrats on the BOTB!
TheK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2009 17:32
Congratulations for your badge!

I'm going to download your game, too. Looks pretty good so far!

Best,
TheK

General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 24th Oct 2009 05:19
DL'ing now!

puppyofkosh
Years of Service
User Offline
I played it yesterday, it was great. Mainly because there was more than 2 enemies per level, and they seemed kinda smarter somehow. Like if I ran away they'd follow me and not just sit there...anyway, great job and congrats!
General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 24th Oct 2009 19:08
Hmm, I played it, it was alright, but the levels I was able to play faster then they loaded

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2009 15:27
Nice demo. A couple of points I noticed.

1/. The fire escape in the very first location is slightly above the floor.

3/. I did struggle to find the key in the first location and found it more by accident by walking everywhere I could.

2/. I wasn't a great fan of the jump sound, a bit too overpowering for me.

3/. The levels seem to be quite linear, you have many doors that don't open and it might be an idea to open some of them up to show more (like offices, sleeping quarters, store rooms) so the player feels like there's more to explore. Perhaps have more than one way to get where he's going.

Overall not bad, I particularly liked the last level outside.

Gremlin986
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2009 11:39
Quote: "3/. The levels seem to be quite linear, you have many doors that don't open and it might be an idea to open some of them up to show more (like offices, sleeping quarters, store rooms) so the player feels like there's more to explore. Perhaps have more than one way to get where he's going."

I always hate large areas. They are always bothering. I prefer one door to one door... You get that.

Nobody will die!
Defy
FPSC BOTB Developer
VBOTB Developer '09
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2009 12:19 Edited at: 27th Oct 2009 12:25
Thanks guys.
Its helps viewing the response of players and devs.

@General Jackson, Either your a great player or your system didn't load the levels as intended. Your comment reminds of FarCry speedruns. Here's someones upload http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDOJ6Y1_dvI&feature=PlayList&p=6C622EB2AA8F102E&index=0&playnext=1 Thanks anyway.

@Nickydude, Thanks.
1.Yeah the csg error was a engine work around.
2.Key also produced another engine glitch which was picked up one day after release by our Japan based tester. Since been repaired.
3.Do you have onboard or pci sound chipset. .ogg can be louder than .wav once compiled even at the same original sound levels. Since been repaired.
4.Styles were studied, an adaption from prior release fundamentals, Wet, Mirrors, Halo etc. I guess it all depends on preference of gameplay too.
Thanks Nick, more outside follows after the demo ended.....

Update: project is close to completion. Rapping up some other tasks and then back into this one. Thanks again to all comments.

demo released.
General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 29th Oct 2009 04:59
Oh, it loaded fast enough, Maybe I was exaggerating a bit.
But just a bit.

Defy
FPSC BOTB Developer
VBOTB Developer '09
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2009 11:49 Edited at: 30th Oct 2009 12:05
@General Jackson,

Let me try to explain another way. Players are not loading levels. More so Sections, or sections of chapters, as there is no real level apart from a story based level. This engine was purely used as a base, everything else was custom design to suit a new way of using the engine as a base form, the entire sdk was removed. If you are referring to the loading bar screens, they only occur to divide the amount of polys during gameplay.
Check out another clip I have added. Dated now of course, fpsc can make things look better though processing time can take time like many past and present engines. RS is similar to using divided poly processing seen in clip below. I recommend watch the entire clip to see a example of this style. Thankyou. HalfLife: intro/DC. Example Sections Clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XrhguPpuek&feature=related

demo released.
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 19th Nov 2009 15:32 Edited at: 20th Nov 2009 02:40
I wish I could play it, but Vishnu just kept looping the "decryption process" and failing. I had to do a hard restart because it wouldn't let me end the process. Now when I try it again it says there was an error and quits.

EDIT: After a restart, I got it to work. There are probably more levels in this than any other FPSC demo I've played so kudos for all the work you put into it. They are however short and slow to load. There is some nice content, but for the most part your textures look low quality. FPS pretty much stayed in the mid to high teens and the play was noticeably lagging. All that said, it was enjoyable and playable to the end.

Brian.

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2009 19:25
Quote: "I always hate large areas. They are always bothering. I prefer one door to one door... You get that."

I'm the opposite. I love to search!

Can you survive from the horrors of the hidden land Occulo?
Defy
FPSC BOTB Developer
VBOTB Developer '09
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2009 14:36 Edited at: 25th Nov 2009 14:44
Thanks guys.

@Xplosys, yeah thanks. The look was designed to be in a semi manga art style design. I am glad you enjoyed it, and thanks for the comment. I'm interested in the current tested/play specs? Load times have been recorded at 5-10 seconds for users. Though it is aimed at high end systems. Anyway thanks for checking it out.

Before I forget. A bonus featured version is also now available.
Thanks everyone and I hope all that play enjoy it.

demo released.
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2009 22:34
I liked the game. It was very good. But the levels were really short. Like two rooms and your trought. But it was nice still. Looked good. Maby longer levels and maby if you could open some of teh doors that now remain unopened.

Can you survive from the horrors of the hidden land Occulo?
Defy
FPSC BOTB Developer
VBOTB Developer '09
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2009 03:12 Edited at: 26th Nov 2009 03:15
Thanks Metal Devil, glad you enjoyed it.

About your level comment, The entire demo is one full level broken down. As in loading sections of levels. The engine is not as optimized as others, so this technique was introduced 2 years ago and is still common in present games. However more so used years ago.
Apart from a example on page 1. I have included one more as a example of this system. Broken down using cutscene/loading.
New technoligy allows players to look as if they are playing a scene while the game is loading. However fpsc has no way of doing this yet.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCrzFnzTOmU - example.

Thanks again. I will look into a few extra doors.

demo released.
Help bugs!
Years of Service
User Offline
This game sounds awesome! If only I had

No Contact Comeing Out 25th of December visit
http://dryicedgames.webs.com/
Crazy Acorn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2009 04:02
Is this game fully finished cause i found a glitch pic below.

Attachments

Crazy Acorn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2009 04:15
That demo was the best!!!!!!!!! I wish i had all of those models. Especially the locker with open and closed doors. and the robotic doors.
Defy
FPSC BOTB Developer
VBOTB Developer '09
Years of Service
User Offline
@Help bugs!
Quote: "This game sounds awesome! If only I had"

Thanks, Did you try out the demo? or if you are referring to the full game its not far away.

@Gorlocks suggestions
Quote: "Is this game fully finished cause i found a glitch pic below."

Thanks for your post. I also noticed this, however at this late stage have not been able to find a fix. Its a segment flashing showing the skybox. I think it has something to do with the door nearby. Im glad you liked the demo.

demo released.
Crazy Acorn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2009 16:37 Edited at: 14th Dec 2009 16:38
Quote: "Thanks for your post. I also noticed this, however at this late stage have not been able to find a fix. Its a segment flashing showing the skybox. I think it has something to do with the door nearby."

Gotcha!

I was able to find a bit more glitches. I can get pics if u want?
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2009 17:12
50th post! This thread is hot!

How many times do I walk in my sleep and I dream how much I wanna run away

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-16 16:40:49
Your offset time is: 2024-04-16 16:40:49