Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / cloth & particles slow down on fps

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2009 19:51
I'm experiencing a huge drop in frame rate after I run some cloth physics in the Cloth&Particle pack.
I load an intro which uses the cloth physics, then I unbind the emitters, delete the objects, emitters, do garbage collection.
After this, I am seeing FPS=22. If I do not run the intro (meaning no cloth physics are used) I see FPS=230.
I assume the physics is still running in the background and affecting performance. Is there a command to run to halt the physics engine?

( 2b || !2b ), that is the question. The answer: true
Duke E
Years of Service
User Offline
As the Cloth and Particles engine is not DarkPhysics you may get a faster and better response on the main DBPro board.

I have not tested any of the demos/tutorials in that pack but as the C&P cloth is not accelerated by hardware - as DarkPhysics cloth is with the right hardware - that might be the culprit?

Regards
acelepage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2009 23:04
Issue resolved.
I began REMing out segments of code and re-running to determine what bit of code is causing the slowdown. Turns out that it was not the physics engine at all. I just made an incorrect assumption.

Lesson Learned:
Reduce the complexity of the problem to gain focus on the solution.

It was a silly problem too. I found a sync rate command in there.

( 2b || !2b ), that is the question. The answer: true

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 11:40:05
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 11:40:05