Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / The saved, a game coming soon from dark basic pro

Author
User Banned
Posted: 25th Oct 2009 03:13 Edited at: 10th Nov 2009 03:14
ok so i think im far anouph along with this game to post about the game saved. the story is about a group of midevil warriors set off to explore the villages to do favors for money and to do odd jobs for the public. you can choose from 10 difrent people to play 3rd person, all with difrent animations. most of the guys in the game i have modled myself. I am also using others like alot of bond ones modles and I also bought modle pack 35 to help dress up the game.

here is the story line.

the Saved

Lincoln was a young ward of the monestary when it all began. Lincoln would follow Monk Henry and Monk Albert and learn from them what it took to become a Monk. Being a Monk was all that Lincoln ever aspired to be since his early arrival at the monestary. Lincoln's mother had died at his birth and his father was killed in a hunting accident, but under very suspicious circumstances. Many believed that it was no ordinary animal that had killed Lord Miles Humphrey, Lincoln's father. Lincoln was only four years old when He became a ward of his Uncle Monk Henry Humphrey, His father's brother and Lincoln's only living relative. Lincoln now sixteen new something was different, something strange and almost sinister was in the air. Monk Albert became very quiet and warned Lincoln to not go out of the monestary alone at night. "There are many dangers out there that you do not know both seen and unseen." Lincoln did not understand what does Monk Albert mean both seen and unseen. One cool crisp November night Lincoln could not sleep and decided to take a walk. It felt like something was following him, but when Lincoln turned around no one was there. "Come now old chap going soft like a filly are you now?" No matter Lincoln could not shake the feeling and a fear arose in him from the depths of his soul that he was being hunted. Lincoln began to run back towards the monestary when he heard the ear piercing blood curdling scream, fire blast in the night and the smell of rancid sulfur filled the air. When Lincoln reached the grounds of the monestary there were bodies everywhere, bodies of monks and of creatures Lincoln was unsure of what kind. Lincoln began to cry out for Monk Henry and Monk Albert, but to no avail he found them both dead side by side and Monk Albert was clutching something in his right hand that Lincoln could not make out.

here is a screen shoot.

DSW
mike5424
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2009 16:45 Edited at: 25th Oct 2009 16:50
i lol'd at the middle one!

EDIT: forgot to say:

looks good but at the same time looks bad. the big guy has the pickaxe glued to his hand, the human has a axe bigger than him but he dosn't look that strong and the barrel thing thats on fire looks like it's made from cloth. oh yea, the text dosn't sound right. appart from that it looks good!

---
Mike5424
Daniel wright 2311
User Banned
Posted: 25th Oct 2009 19:03
more screen shots.

DSW
mike5424
Years of Service
User Offline
they look AWESOME! but the knight looks like he doesn't have an animation, or does he?

---
Mike5424
Daniel wright 2311
User Banned
Posted: 25th Oct 2009 21:54 Edited at: 25th Oct 2009 21:55
thanks,

he is animated, just when i take the screen shots he is always in his idle animation. click here to see the video

DSW
Daniel wright 2311
User Banned
Posted: 25th Oct 2009 22:06
here you go, some animated shots of him.

swing 1

swing 2

kick

DSW
Dreamsenshi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2009 17:51
I agree with the CC already posted, but it does look like something that could be fun to play, too. Keep working on it!

Your error is my treasure. =^--^=
mike5424
Years of Service
User Offline
animations look awesome! keep up the good work!

---
Mike5424
Daniel wright 2311
User Banned
Posted: 26th Oct 2009 20:31
well, I have held axes that big and i dont look that big, i can or could bench 350 pounds.

the axe clued to the other guys hand is defualt. this plr is not set up right yet.

the text is a defualt text to see how it will look, i might change it though, I dont like the hud.

the can well, I can see it to, I will change the texture.

thanks for the good critic.

more to come.

DSW
Daniel wright 2311
User Banned
Posted: 28th Oct 2009 00:40 Edited at: 16th Nov 2009 09:28
more shots ready.

DSW
Daniel wright 2311
User Banned
Posted: 28th Oct 2009 16:59
here is a video I shot of the first leval. its on you tube. please comment

click here to watch video

DSW
Deathead
Years of Service
User Offline
God the knight has a big chest.lol Also I'd recommend for the citizens use less polys for them, as then instead of the merchant looking like he is talking to a ghost, you could have a group of people around him. But so far, the atsmophere is almost realistic, but like I said make the non-important characters less polies then you could have more people in the taverns etc.

Daniel wright 2311
User Banned
Posted: 28th Oct 2009 18:11 Edited at: 28th Oct 2009 18:11
@ deathhead

they are all real low poly, I had to reduse them all alot already then apply really good shaders to them. I will do what you have asked about the group of people talking to the merchant , I was only going to have one guy talking to him but Your right, a group would look better.

thanks for the good repore.

DSW
Daniel wright 2311
User Banned
Posted: 10th Nov 2009 03:14
story line updated in the first post

DSW
demons breath
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2009 03:01
Looks like a good start mate. And you mention on the video you have a little difficulty sometimes with the spelling and suchlike? Send me an email with some stuff in and I can proof-read/edit it for you to make it flow a little better if you want.

"The fools may crash down upon us in thunderous waves, but we shall Jeku slap them back from whence they came"
-BiggAdd Oct 28th 2009
Daniel wright 2311
User Banned
Posted: 16th Nov 2009 07:52
sounds good thank you.

DSW
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2009 08:23 Edited at: 16th Nov 2009 08:27
2 quick suggestions here:

1) please add a line-break between the 3 side-by-side screenshots in your post above? it's got your whole thread outta whack and a chore to read

2) i get why you might have so much fog in the outdoor areas but it takes away from the vibe when it's indoors, too (unless i missed something and it's "smoke" and the arch-enemy is an arsonist? )

otherwise, i'm watching with interest, here. keep up the good work!

Daniel wright 2311
User Banned
Posted: 16th Nov 2009 09:29
, well I put a break there for you, sorry did not notice. the fog will be scripted when i go into a building to turn off, I just havent turned it off yey,lol. thanks for the interest and good comments.

DSW
General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 10th Dec 2009 06:31
A bump because I like how this game looks

Daniel wright 2311
User Banned
Posted: 10th Dec 2009 06:33
this game is on hold, ill finish it when im done with my new project.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-19 14:35:53
Your offset time is: 2024-05-19 14:35:53