Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / getting the right focus using BlueGUI

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I am currently working on a level editor and am having quite a problem. its not that it is broken but is quite a nuisance and not very 'professional'. I have a main window which hosts the toolbar, statusbar, and main menu. Within this main window is the dbp camera which is attached to a panel. I believe the problem is that the dbp camera is its own seperate window, hence a seperate focus. So whenever i click within the viewport camera to manipulate something, the main window loses focus... is there a way to make this focus behave right? i hope this makes sense.

the viewport is attached to a 'viewport panel' which is a part of the main window. this has not resolved my problem... any ideas?

Thanks.

If at first you dont succeed, call it version 1.0.
Rudolpho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2009 10:26
I don't know, but have you tried activateGadget mainWindow whenever there is no input to the viewport? (Of course you should also have a flag so that you only call it once, otherwise the application is likely to freeze).

sladeiw
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2009 16:15
Have a look at IanM's matrixutils, specifically GRAB FOCUS and SET ACTIVE WINDOW.
Homey the Clown
Years of Service
User Offline
well one of the main problems is that once the main window has focus, the viewport doesnt take input from the user. I think i will try the one time only activateGadget command but i dont know if this will solve the problem. I might rewrite how to take input since things are working well with mouse input. I think it is just a matter of toggling between windows which is something I wanted to avoid.

Homey the Clown
Years of Service
User Offline
now that i think about it, i might take a more 'gimp' approach to it and have a window for menu and icons, a separate window for the viewport and a separate window for the properties. thanks for the advice though.

tiresius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2009 06:51
Can you take a screenshot of your editor and label what the problem is? I use BlueGUI in my editor and don't have any problems like you are. I allow the DBPro window to be the main window, and include a side panel. Perhaps that is the difference?

I'm not a real programmer but I play one with DBPro!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 03:57:54
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 03:57:54