Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / How do I uninstall DBPro?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi, I can't seem to uninstall DBPro. I am running Windows 2000 Pro, and when I use "add/remove programs" on DBPro (as there is no UNINSTALL in the DBPro program folder that I can fine) I get this error:

"The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process"

Does anyone know what that means? I saw that the new patch had a text message about uninstalling, but didn't know if I needed to download and upgrade my retail version, just so I can uninstall it. If someone could let me know what that message is, it would save me the 8mg down load (on 56k it's BRUTAL!)Or if anyone KNOWS how to safely uninstall DBPro I would VERY much appreciate it!

Thank you for your help!
Nick
Years of Service
User Offline
Insert CD as if your going to do an install and continue until you get the option to uninstall

Impreza
Years of Service
User Offline
I got that error too when I downloaded the [b]demo[\b], that is, but luckily I could just revert... phwew !; It was too buggy for me lol... I'll stick with trusty ol' dbv1.11.

peace !

set mipmap mode 1: set matrix texture 1,1,1: set spot light 1,0,90: set normalization on: sync rate 0: statistic(1): flush video memory
autocam off: always active on: hide mouse: set window on
scobott
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks Nick!!!
That worked, though I did have to "explore" the DBPro CD and run setup as the autorun only had "run DBPro" as an option.

So if anyone else wants to know, this is how I did it:

My computer > cd drive with DB in it > rt click > explore> double click setup > check "remove" > ok.

Worked just fine.
Thanks again.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 11:39:24
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 11:39:24