Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / File IO DLL

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2009 16:09 Edited at: 1st Nov 2009 20:49
I'm very interested in using file IO in a game, but the website in which it is supposed to be hosted is a dead link, the domain is for sale. Does anyone have this? If so, if I could be linked to it and given decent instructions on how to get it running and maybe even a short tutorial on how it works, I would be most appreciative.
Rudolpho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2009 12:03
Won't filestream do?
What exactly are you trying to do?

IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2009 14:08
Yeah, you haven't given us anything to go on.

However, I made a complete file I/O replacement plug-in myself (here's a link to the available commands) - it's one small part of my set of plug-ins and is free for anyone to use. See my signature for the link to the download.

Mitch_F
Years of Service
User Offline
Sorry that I was somewhat vague. I've been unable to find any sort of links to file IO with DarkBASIC, so the only lead I had was a DLL by some guy whose website no longer exists.
Thank you for the link, Ian! I will check out your plug-in later to see if it can do what I am trying to do. All I'm really trying to do is create save files. Maybe I'm just not looking in the right place for the right functionality.
Syncaidius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2009 10:45 Edited at: 16th Nov 2009 10:46
DBC and DBP both have their own built in File IO commands too. Pressing F1 in the editor and going to commands -> File commands will show you all the file IO commands DBP has.

IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2009 23:54
They do, but for some reason the DBPro ones are seriously slow - replacement plug-ins are generally far faster and more full of features than the built in ones.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 23:21:11
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 23:21:11