Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Negative Space

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2009 17:48 Edited at: 2nd Nov 2009 21:37
Negative Space is a little game that I've been making in my spare time. Originally I started making it around the theory of negative space, but after some changes to the map it looks more like another 2D platform shooter. Here's some screenshots:

You can download the game from my website http://negativespacethegame.webs.com/

Without programmers, technology would not exist.
Need help with bugs!
Years of Service
User Offline
I forgot to mention in my original post, but this game is multiplayer only. I don't know how to program AI to add bots. Also, you have run the server program to host a game (I didn't add a host option to the client program yet).

Name should say Zipper369 but i screwed up registering.
Monk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2009 08:46
This looks pretty promising!

I like the way you've sort of built the title into the game by, what looks like, having the ability to change solid ground into space and vice versa!

One question though, whats the aim of the game?

Good Start!

JLMoondog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2009 14:50
I love these types of puzzle games, where you can invert the colors to find new paths for a level. For a multiplayer game it seems it would become frustrating, unless you put a limit on the 'changing effect'. How do you change it, key press or switch in the level? You could get into 'changing' wars with other players it seems. Maybe have it timed, or have a switch in the level to do so, put once it 'changes' the switch it unavailable and a new one appears.

Just something to think about to keep the game fair. Looks cool non the less.

Need help with bugs!
Years of Service
User Offline
When I first started making it, it was just a death match game. Since then I've added team death match and capture-the-flag game modes.

And about the changing effect, players can switch between positive and negative space whenever their in a gray area (gray representing a cross between the two).

Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2009 02:38
looks cool though, as josh said: put a timer or such on the change effect.

[Q]uik, Quiker than most
zzz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2009 02:42
Cool idea, but I don't really understand how this works during multiplayer? Do you change the space for all players or just for yourself(locally)? So it essentially would be possible to see other players walking through walls? That would be really confusing, but awesome!

Need help with bugs!
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes, the change is just for yourself. Other players can be seen walking around in solid ground because, to them, that is empty space.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-19 13:59:20
Your offset time is: 2024-05-19 13:59:20