Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / DarkPhysx and 3ds and directx models?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2009 22:13 Edited at: 18th Nov 2009 22:46
Hi all

now this might help a few of you if you save your models as 3ds to use in DarkPhysx then they will work how you expect but if you do them in directX then they might not act as expected.

Now it could be me and what I am doing, but as of yet I cannot get a directX model made in either AC3D or TS6.5 to act correctly.

However they seem to work ok as 3ds.

Now if you can get driectX to work ok when using AC3D and TS6.5 post a screen of what options you are using may help me and others see where were going wrong.

cheers.

edit
Well after doing about 15 save with diffrent option on or off found one that works in AC3D that make the object work the same as a 3ds one so here a picture of what option I have set.

Dark Physics makes any hot drink go cold.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2009 16:37
well I thought the above would work but is does not, so it looks like I am going to have to get used to saving all my models in 3ds which seem to work first time.

_Pauli_
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2009 18:20
What do you mean with "models that work"?
Are you relating to mesh-correct collisions and physics? static/dynamic rigid body meshes?
For me, .x-meshes only work as static, like for a level/map. I export them from Milkshape.

Now the plot thickens, the fps decreases, and the awesomeness goes through the roof.
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2009 19:02
my problem is when using AC3D the output from the exporter seem to make the mode incorrect to work with physX, runs ok as a 3ds model but not an X.

Plus I am make x-mesh that work with dynamic object and static which works fine.

now looking for another 3d package that I might be able to get on with.

TS7.5 is good but cannot get it to do simple things like move an object.(It's not the package it how I have read the manual and it just does not work they way I need to.)
just tried Blender, nop do not like the layout, cant see how to use it, should not need to read a manual just to draw a box on the screen.
so working my way through the resource list.

again there nothing wrong with them its just how I use things.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 17:37:21
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 17:37:21