Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2009 14:13
Hi All

Trying to see if my graphics card, my models or if it dark physx or my code.

I have three model parts :-
1. a ground, base
2. a tube, with hole cut out of the side.
3. a ball, sphere.

Now using Nvidia visual debugger with this code, all shows and works how I expect it to.
However what I see in darkbasic is some different the ball bounce all over the place and is not smooth.

so here's the code

and the models are in the down load button.

can you check and see if you get the same results

ho if you've not got the latest visual debugger you can get form here
link
http://developer.nvidia.com/object/pvd_home.html

Dark Physics makes any hot drink go cold.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Duke E
Years of Service
User Offline
The problem with the strange ball movement is that the ball1.x model is not centered correctly. The center of the ball is located aprox. four radii below the ball itself.

The ground plane has inverted normals on the slope part so the ball will probably fall trough it but when i recentered the ball1.x and tested the ball got stuck in the tube at the lower end.

The tube has some strange extra polygons also , on the left side looking in to the direction of the lower hole (not the polygon that is separated but one spanning the whole length of the tube).

Regards
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2009 15:48
Cheers Duke E, what package did you use to look at these models in as I am using AC3D and depending on what bit I click, is how the model is saved out in directX mode.

Seem that this does not quite work, what I am using at the moment is the best I have found but still looking for more info on how to export them correctly.

So if I make a sphere and then move it in AC3D world this will move where the center will be on the sphere. hum!
Well just re-made the ball and like you said it now works ok, strange the things you have to keep and eye on.

Dark Physics makes any hot drink go cold.
Duke E
Years of Service
User Offline
I use Blender, just imported the ball1.x and re-centered it then re-exported it.

I saw your previous post on AC3D exporting, strange problem indeed.

Regards

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 13:01:36
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 13:01:36