Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Music & Sound FX / Sound SFX

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2009 03:42
I know we can't post requests like this, but I'm hoping a mod will let it slid. I'm trying to get my Star Trek game finished, and the last thing I need is sound effects. Basically phasers, torpedos, warping, random computer blips, that sort of thing to complete my game. I have some of them, I'm just not equipped to actually record sounds, so I'm finding it difficult to produce some good sounds.

So if someone is willing to help, then thanks.

chaos60556 2000
Years of Service
User Offline
you could try http://www.sound-ideas.com

they have royalty free collections for sale or if the price ranges are too much for you, they also have a link where you can buy individual sound effects. I bought their XV-MP3 series 1 collection and haven't been dissapointed yet. As an alternative, There are sites on the internet that will let you download free sound effects. Just google for sound effects and you should find a few hundred sites available. The quality is usually in wav format.
Rudolpho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2009 09:47
If you'd post a list of the sounds you need, somebody might have an easier time doing it than to guess which ones you need and which ones you already have

And yes, there are lots of free sound effects on the web; just google "space sound effects" or similar. Also, there is a pretty decent space-oriented category in the demo sound folders of DBC and T3DGM I think. Of course you would have to actually own those products in order to use them; just having DBP or DGDK (as most newly registered people probably do) doesn't suffice as they aren't included there. Or at least weren't when I got my copies.

Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2009 17:33 Edited at: 25th Nov 2009 17:33
josh,

i would try using SFXR, a free sound generator. it's definitely "home brew" but has a relatively short learning curve and is perfect for the sound effects you're needing. once you get a feel for the sliders and settings, you'll be able to knock out dozens per hour.

homepage here
direct download here (only 50k)

you'll want to take the .wav files into an app like Audacity (also free) to make sure they're "clean" (check for tiny pops or other subtle imperfections you might miss) plus make many variations of the same sound while you're there.

hope this helps. otherwise, here's a "code red" alarm for you

Attachments

Login to view attachments
JLMoondog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2009 18:53
Awesome! Yah the one thing I'm really missing is the sound effects. If anyone has seen the movie, if you actually pay attention to the sound design and ignore the actors for a bit, you'll find that there is a lot going on! Tells you how much they put into that movie.

Insane Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2009 01:59
This is awsome! really good job

AMD Phenom Quad core 9950BE @ 3.6ghz, 8GB OcZ Ram OC@1600MHZ, 1GB ASUS HD4890 FSB OC.
vadarfone
Years of Service
User Offline
Let me know what sounds you are after and I will see what I can do...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 13:02:30
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 13:02:30