Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2009 17:02 Edited at: 26th Nov 2009 02:28
Hello I am currently converting some source that used ODE to Dark Physics and was wondering if someone could help me with the command equivalents between the two plugins (basically what and ode command would be in dark physics for proper converting). I know most of them but the following I don't. I am mainly asking because ODE does not have a help file with command definitions and Dark Physics' help file doesn't have a search function which makes things harder. Anyways here are the ode commands that I don't know in Dark Physics

Thanks

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2009 16:48
I too would like to know this. Now that I'm getting a good laptop with nVidia for xmas, I may just delve into the DarkPhysics world.

I'm the exception to every rule, that rule withstanding
Slayer93
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2009 02:56 Edited at: 28th Nov 2009 06:01
I can't really tell you DarkPhysics equivalents if there are any, but I can try and tell you what each command does. Also, I haven't used most of these commands so I looked it up in the source or wiki to see what it did.

ODE GET OBJECT B CONTACT()
ODE GET OBJECT A CONTACT()

- These two commands tell if the objects in contact collided, 1 if it did and 0 if it didn't.

ode set contact fdir1

- this is from the ode wiki for fdir1...

fdir1 is a "first friction direction" vector that defines a direction along which frictional force is applied. It must be of unit length and perpendicular to the contact normal (so it is typically tangential to the contact surface). It should only be defined if the dContactFDir1 flag is set in surface.mode. The "second friction direction" is a vector computed to be perpendicular to both the contact normal and fdir1.

ode set world erp
ode set world cfm

- IIRC, erp and cfm is only for joint stuff because it messes with constraints on objects. ERP fixes any small errors in joints so it doesn't split and cfm is used to tell if it is a hard (value of 0) or soft constraint. If it is hard then the joint can't be violated and if it is soft then it can (depending on how soft).

- I would read this page for erp and cfm for more info - http://opende.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Manual_%28Concepts%29#Joint_error_and_the_error_reduction_parameter_.28ERP.29 - but usually you don't really need to change this, the default is fine and I don't think this is in DarkPhysics.

ode create static triangle mesh

- a triangle mesh uses the objects mesh to create the geom for polygon perfect collision.

ode set response

- this sets if you want collision against statics or not, 0 is default and 1 ignore statics

ODE GET BODY ADJUSTMENT X : ODE GET BODY ADJUSTMENT Y : ODE GET BODY ADJUSTMENT Z

- I think this is fpsc specific because fpsc required objects to be a minimum size of 7x7x7 otherwise it would fall through the floor. This get the adjustment to the floor because of that minimum size.

ode create dynamic cylinder(i think capsule and cylinder are the same but just making sure)

- Cylinder and Capsule are a little different, capsule has a semi-sphere at the top and bottom while a cylinder is flat at the top and bottom.

Hope that helps you out

Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Hope that helps you out"

It does, I was going to move on and just use your updated ode plugin but unfortunately you altered it to much so I can't use it because it causes things like the player to fall through the floor (in fpsc). (I mainly just want ragdoll )

Slayer93
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2009 06:00
Quote: "It does, I was going to move on and just use your updated ode plugin but unfortunately you altered it to much so I can't use it because it causes things like the player to fall through the floor (in fpsc). (I mainly just want ragdoll )"

Yeah I didn't have FPSC in mind to much while altering the plugin, but if it is just the player falling through the floor then I have a pretty good idea as to what's causing it ( I removed the min. limit for objects of 7x7x7 which Lee added for FPSC ). Though I may get around to making sure it works well with FPSC again since I've been working on some stuff to do with FPSC.

Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: " ( I removed the min. limit for objects of 7x7x7 which Lee added for FPSC ). "

Is there anyway of fixing this?

Slayer93
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2009 02:59
You'll have to re-add it into the dll most likely, but maybe you can use a bigger dummy object for the player(I assume its the only thing falling through the floor) however I have no idea how the player is setup.

Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "You'll have to re-add it into the dll most likely"

Dlls are not my "forte" is there anyway I could convince you to add it back in .

Slayer93
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2009 23:27
Suppose it was easy enough since I just commented it out, but if this doesn't fix it then you'll probably have to wait till I get the motivation to work out any problems with ode and fpsc.

Download attached

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Suppose it was easy enough since I just commented it out, but if this doesn't fix it then you'll probably have to wait till I get the motivation to work out any problems with ode and fpsc.

Download attached"

Thank you so much!! Ill give it a go

Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Aw i still fall through the floor

Slayer93
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2009 00:18
Quote: "Aw i still fall through the floor "