Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Red Knights of Chaos

Author
Years of Service
User Offline

Features

•Limited private server hosting
•Ride able horses, dragons, armored steeds, and much much more
•Monsters including Dragons, Golems, Orcs, Trolls, and much much more
•Bosses
•Over 50 cities and maps
•Over 40 instances
•Custom spell system
•Custom housing system
•Sailable ships
•Flyable ships and more
•Hundreds of weapons and armor
•Metal working
•Wood working
•Engineering
•Fishing and animal taming
•Custom magics
•Custom weapons
•Over 50 character classes to choose from
•Much much more

For more info visit our company site at uokgames.com and look under projects tab. Thanks.
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2009 19:29
Seeing as this is a Realm Crafter project I must say I'm a little surprised to see there's near to none detail in the maps above,sure the one with the skull looks nice... But I mean it could use from more detail, Position more different trees, plants, dead bushes, dead grass some skeletons etc.! At this very moment they all look a little bland, and since RC does *MOST* of the work for you you should put some more effort into the mapping.

EDP Map Editor[2D]
Hassan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2009 19:31
The link isn't working, but anyway, that looks like an awesome game!

old_School
Years of Service
User Offline
Lol Rc does most the work for you lmoa thats funny stuff. You must be new to game making lol I dont think any game editor does most of the work for you. an belive it or not, making maps in Rc is not the most easy thing to do. Your pretty limited on models you get with RC. But it allows you to add alot of custom content. An its bug free.

Hands down RC is a much better game engine in my openion. I used FPSC for about 6 months and got no were fast. An the best part I think about RC vs. FPSC is the community. Rc far more supportive then on here.

However, I will say FPSC is great if you want a simple plan map made. But if you want something realistic and that will sell. I think you might wanna look at a better alterative. FPSC makes a box. Wow thats realistic. The world is not flat just a FYI. So why should your game make your world flat hmm?
Darth Vader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2009 04:06
Quote: "Hands down RC is a much better game engine in my openion. I used FPSC for about 6 months and got no were fast. An the best part I think about RC vs. FPSC is the community. Rc far more supportive then on here.

However, I will say FPSC is great if you want a simple plan map made. But if you want something realistic and that will sell. I think you might wanna look at a better alterative. FPSC makes a box. Wow thats realistic. The world is not flat just a FYI. So why should your game make your world flat hmm?"
Ahh, Silvester never once told you in his post that to go and use FPSC, he didn't even make a subtle hint to compare RC with FPSC! He simply stated a very true fact, your maps look really bland. I actually agree with him, it hardly looks polished! And I wouldn't turn this into a debate about RC vs FPSC you'll just get it locked!

Bizar Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2009 04:42 Edited at: 30th Nov 2009 04:43
Also, this particular board is usually for projects made in a programming language, usually DBC or DBP. I think GDK is good on the board too, not sure.

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2009 06:34 Edited at: 30th Nov 2009 06:42
Quote: "Lol Rc does most the work for you lmoa thats funny stuff. You must be new to game making lol I dont think any game editor does most of the work for you. an belive it or not, making maps in Rc is not the most easy thing to do. Your pretty limited on models you get with RC. But it allows you to add alot of custom content. An its bug free. "

It does ALL the networking for you, rendering, object management etc... All YOU have to do is slack in some cheesy scripts with an easy language... I OWN Both Realm Crafter as well as Realm Crafter Pro, so please don't give me crap like that, I've been with RC since the day it was released. AND I've built at least seven different frameworks for online games that I was working on, trying to get them more stable and more reliable every time, so YES... RC DOES do pretty much all the work for you, and NO Mapping in RC isn't hard at all! I've been able to create fairly detailed zones within a day, which is nothing compared to when you're making one in your own game with your OWN editors and loaders.

Quote: "Hands down RC is a much better game engine in my openion. I used FPSC for about 6 months and got no were fast. An the best part I think about RC vs. FPSC is the community. Rc far more supportive then on here.

However, I will say FPSC is great if you want a simple plan map made. But if you want something realistic and that will sell. I think you might wanna look at a better alterative. FPSC makes a box. Wow thats realistic. The world is not flat just a FYI. So why should your game make your world flat hmm?"

Now show me one comment I made about FPSC. And the reason the RC Community is more supportive is because they're ALL outcasts from Programming forums and pretty much all of them think like you do. RC is FAR from complicated, hell even working with the Eclipse Engine is more complicated at times since you need to reprogram half the engine to get something decent out of it that doesn't work exactly the same as the other millions of games made with it. RC is just like FPSC, but instead of making FPS Games it makes MMORPGs.

Here's an example of how some people DO manage to put detail in RC MMO's...
Pic 1
Witch Gate
Those two were the ones I could find real quick, and there's probably many more on the RC forums.

What amuses me the most is that his "lmao" and "lol" just makes him seem like a kid pretending to know what it actually takes to make a fully fledged game... I'm FAR from new with Game DEVELOPMENT, I've probably been working on it since the days you were still running around in Diapers. So in other words Pre-1995 or something along those lines, I forgot when exactly I started with it all...

EDP Map Editor[2D]
RUCCUS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2009 13:50
why is it every time I see a thread and get excited about the game's screen shots, I scroll a bit down to find out it was made with RC or FPSC or some other drag-and-drop-make-me-a-game engine . Im going to have to agree with Silvester on this one, if you've already got a complete map editor like RC, it shouldn't be too hard at all to throw in better details to the environments there.

I also have to point out that as bad as it may be, these boards are more focused on games that are actually programmed from the ground up, typically in DBP. As a result, you'll not get much interest from anyone on these forums about an RC project, mainly because most of us know how easy RC makes things for you and how much more complicated / rewarding of an experience it is to make a game yourself instead. Im not bashing you, by all means if you're not interested in programming and just doing this as a side hobby then RC is probably perfect for you, but realize that on this site it's more programming oriented. Its like showing a group of fine-art oil painters something you did in photoshop (analogy).
old_School
Years of Service
User Offline
Say what yopu will about FPSC and RC. They our great programs for people like us whom cant code a enitre game by hand. Sorry Torque was not in my budget at 1k per copy. With a limited Lic. But for the price you pay for RC. Honestly, its well worth it. Sorry to say this but thats more than I can say about FPSC after wasteing hundreds of dollars. I own every model pack FPSC put out except pack 35. An I have a game they wont play I created only using the models from the model packs.

Bottom line. FPSC is unstable game engine. Would be great if it worked. But it dont. In fact a new staff member of UOk games. Joined us, with a "completed game". Guess what. the game was unstable and he was a amazing programmer. An the codeing issues causeing the instability of the game were no fult of his. It was simply the game engine. Poor codeing leads to a poor game engine. Mock me as u probly will. But you all set here with unstable games. An you will not admit im righ because you dont want to admit defeat. Simply put nothing wroug with using RC.
BearCDP
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2009 03:22
Torquescript's a lot more complicated to work with than DBP code.

Just sayin'.

Make more of your environments like the one with the skull cave.

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2009 06:10
Quote: "Say what yopu will about FPSC and RC. They our great programs for people like us whom cant code a enitre game by hand. Sorry Torque was not in my budget at 1k per copy. With a limited Lic. But for the price you pay for RC. Honestly, its well worth it. Sorry to say this but thats more than I can say about FPSC after wasteing hundreds of dollars. I own every model pack FPSC put out except pack 35. An I have a game they wont play I created only using the models from the model packs.

Bottom line. FPSC is unstable game engine. Would be great if it worked. But it dont. In fact a new staff member of UOk games. Joined us, with a "completed game". Guess what. the game was unstable and he was a amazing programmer. An the codeing issues causeing the instability of the game were no fult of his. It was simply the game engine. Poor codeing leads to a poor game engine. Mock me as u probly will. But you all set here with unstable games. An you will not admit im righ because you dont want to admit defeat. Simply put nothing wroug with using RC."

You keep falling back in things none of us ever mentioned, and mind you... Programming is working AROUND bugs that might be in the engine, and amusingly some of us don't even use engines to program our games or rely on the DirectX framework to work around some issues. And you're not right, You can't be right if you keep on dragging random facts in here that have nothing to do with the original subject at all, I mean I said to add some more detail, but you're instatly starting to whine about FPSC and it's stability and what not... Oh, and about your Torque rant... *cough cough*

EDP Map Editor[2D]
RUCCUS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2009 13:51
You just need to realize that nobody on these forums will really be interested or impressed with a game made with RC. Thats what the RC forums are for. The fact that you struggled with FPSC and were unable to work the scripting around any problems you had where many others have managed to has nothing to do with with the simple fact that the game just wont get a good remark around here. I understand you're upset that you went and bought every model pack for FPSC before you even knew all of the aspects of FPSC, but that's not our fault. This is a Work In Progress board that people post their games in to get honest critisism to improve their games. You've given us screen shots of a game made with a drag-and-drop editor that makes things extremely easy to create, and at the same time have shown little detail in the screen shots for us to critisize. When we do critisize the only thing we can comment on - the lack of detail and extreme ease of creation - you lash out with frustrated, misdirected comments on a completely other game engine, simply because it was written by the company that run these forums / give the rest of us the tools to create something worth while.

If you're ready to actually accept constructive critisism and use it to make your game better, then stay here, otherwise head back to the RC forums - where I doubt you'll get any better of a response as the users there understand even more than us just how simple RC makes things to throw a quick game together in a day - and leave these boards for the people willing to take comments maturely and work with them to improve their projects.
Plotinus
Years of Service
User Offline
Please take this in the friendly spirit in which it is intended: your website is written in shockingly, embarrassingly bad English. If you are really a company, as you claim to be, then you desperately need to do something about how professional you look. (I notice that even one of the email addresses is misspelled - unless "hotmial" is a new email provider I haven't heard of. Also, if you're going to misspell "modeller", at least stick to just one misspelling per page.)

Of course posting odd rants about FPSC in a thread about a RC game on a subforum devoted to DBPro and DBC doesn't project an enormously professional image either, but there you go.
Outscape
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Say what yopu will about FPSC and RC. They our great programs for people like us whom cant code a enitre game by hand. Sorry Torque was not in my budget at 1k per copy. With a limited Lic. But for the price you pay for RC. Honestly, its well worth it. Sorry to say this but thats more than I can say about FPSC after wasteing hundreds of dollars. I own every model pack FPSC put out except pack 35. An I have a game they wont play I created only using the models from the model packs."

cpp express is free, gdk is "free".

i have to admit this is a programming WIP, i do though think worthy FPSC games belong here, since i have seen some pretty decent ones, especially the ones in the competition.

doesnt your RC forums have a WIP or something similar?

its best to post their, and try to only post here when great detail is implemented. (since its a "drag n drop" engine..)

old_School
Years of Service
User Offline
Well it is refreshing to see there our a few decent people who post on these forums after all. An yes Rc does have a WIP. But like u said it is good to get GOOD critisim about a game. Ive been on these forums for awhile now. I dont really post much on here.

Its sad really. Alot of these guys talk so poorly about others games. Then when you view there its really sad. An they expect people to say there is good. However, they our not good most of the time.

Having that said. Im glad I did post this on here. It gave me a chance to see there our a few honest people on these forums. Silve cant say your one of those people. Nor can I say the same for Dark. However the rest of you seem to have a good outlook toward showing the right crictasim. An yes my english aka grammer ant the best. Im dislexic and not a strong speller. Anyway I want to say thank you to some of you for your input. The others yeah go some where else I cant say.

An here is my final point. Its so easy to set back and trash talk people. Its the internet. Hello ultra easy cause you dont have to worry about them knockin on your door step with a baseball bat. However, it seems to be really hard for some people to offer constructive insight. An sadly for the most part. Thats a obvious problem on these forums.

So to those who think they our Gods gift to programming. Post your stuff lets tear your garbage papart. An lets see how defensive you get. To the others, nice approach. You were direct and honest. But you were polite about it. An you had a real sense of caring to the post.

So if you guys want my advice. Clean up your community. Ive seen worse but this community could be alot better. As a software engineer. I my self had to learn to be more understanding of those who cant understand basic server logic. Point being just because someones new to something. Is no reason to belittle them or attack them. There not stupid. In fact they our probly smarter then you. So stop and think before you post. An show respect to all.

Of course I know this post wont change anyones mind on that issue lol But perhapps a few of you will grow up and understand as you get into the real world. An when you do. Pass the advice along.
old_School
Years of Service
User Offline
Ohh just noticed u said since 95 lol yeah i dont think i was in diapers bud older then u
RUCCUS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2009 06:22
Insulting this community / trying to change the direction of this thread to other people's projects is completely irrelevent. You should have just given a polite apology and went on your way with either posting new screen shots or leaving the thread to die, but what you said above was uncalled for - even if it wasn't directed at me, I have respect for this community.

A few more posts like that and you'll find nobody willing to give you the time of day.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-19 15:56:36
Your offset time is: 2024-05-19 15:56:36